Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How can I see the routes from Hum?
doctorphil

I am using Hum on our company vehicle, but it seems to not have an option to view the route of a saved trip.  I can see everything else, such as start stop, speeds, etc.  I of course can view REAL TIME the location during a trip, but it must be saving these waypoints so that it can create a breadcrumb trail.  The device is meant to track vehicle location, but honestly, it doesn't do that.  If I need to answer why the employee took an hour to go somewhere it should take 10 minutes, I should be able to go back to his route log and see he stopped at McDonalds for 50 minutes, unauthorized.

Where is this functionality.  I will say I specifically asked about it and was specifically told it would be available.  I specifically told them our usage, and that the phone with the app would not be with the vehicle, so please don't tell me about the "safety score" tracking of trips.  That is just dumb and most people using this product are doing so to track someone else, kids, workers, etc.  So the phone won't be with the vehicle.

Please help me find this BASIC feature or I will be returning this device.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How can I see the routes from Hum?
doctorphil

Well, I guess someone paid attention to this post.  I was told it was a glitch, and as of today, when you click driving history, it now shows you a bread crumb trail with a map that you can zoom, move around, change to satellite view and everything.  So it shows you the exact path of travel from point A to B of the trip.  This is EXACTLY what I wanted and apparently there was an issue.  So for those of you who also have this app, you should be happy to now see your kids, employees, ex wives...routes of travel even if your phone isn't in the vehicle.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Lets make sure you're able to view the history with your hum device doctorphil.

Here is a link with steps to Create a Driving history  Create Driving History Report - Web Portal - Hum+ by Verizon | Verizon Wireless

Let us know if this is helpful

MatthewI_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
doctorphil

Did you even read my question completely, or were you just trying to score "I helped" points?  I specifically said I want to see the route.  So go ahead and tell me how I do that in driving history.  It only shows start and stop points.  No breadcrumb route.  So do me a favor, read the question, then answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Try accessing the Safety Score in the Hum app. Features & Services FAQs | Hum by Verizon

Why can't I see route information for my trips in my Driving History?

Hum does not show route information in Driving History, but it can show you the trips' start and end points. You can view route information by accessing Safety Score in the Hum app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
doctorphil

I'm getting so tired of saying please read the original question. I address what you said there. That only works if the phone with the app is also in vehicle.  This is being used on work vehicles.

Before anyone responds READ THE QUESTION FIRST...ALL OF IT.

Thank you

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

doctorphil wrote:

I'm getting so tired of saying please read the original question. I address what you said there. That only works if the phone with the app is also in vehicle. This is being used on work vehicles.

Before anyone responds READ THE QUESTION FIRST...ALL OF IT.

Thank you

Then perhaps the HUM device isn't the right device for your application!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
doctorphil

Correct, if it can't do basic vehicle tracking, but again I asked her specifically before buying if I could see the vehicle routes WITHOUT a phone in the vehicle and was told yes. So perhaps the Verizon reps need better education.

I'm guessing this ability exists. The vehicles location is known so bread crumbing has to be available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Doctorphil, we want to make sure that you are able to get the best information possible for tracking the routes taken on your HUM+. With the services provided on the mobile application, you will be able to have access to view the start and end point for the drives taken. However, viewing the exact routes taken is not available at this time. So you can get better assistance and information for the HUM+, you can reach out to the manufacturer. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
doctorphil

Great,

So two things, first educate your sales staff, because they said I could and you are saying I can't.  So of course I will be returning this and expect a full refund of everything including shipping.  Second, you say reach out to the manufacturer.  You provide and support the device.  You are a billion dollar company.  What kind of response is that?  Who is the manufacturer?  What is their contact number?  How about more helpful information?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The FAQs link I provided earlier was from the Hum website. You could have gotten the contact information from there or here. Drive Smarter With Connected Car Technology | Hum by Verizon

0 Likes