Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How can I tell what band my MiFi 5510L is connected to?
Jedis00

How can I tell what band my MiFi 5510L is connected to?

I believe I should be able to connect to Band 4 (AWS), but the download speeds don't seem to come close to AWS speeds.

Would like to know how to find out what band the 5510L is currently connected to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How can I tell what band my MiFi 5510L is connected to?
smith6612

I don't recall there being a way that I've seen to find out if the Hotspot is connected to Band 4 or Band 13. The diagnostic pages are very basic.

A good rule of thumb with Band 4 is to consider the following. If you have 3 bars or less, you're likely not on Band 4. The device will head to Band 13 as it will usually provide better signal reliability. If you're indoors, you're more likely to be on Band 13.

Also take note that Wi-Fi is a common limiter on the speeds you'll get. You'll usually see nothing more than 30Mbps on most Wireless N devices. Connect to the Hotspot using USB Tethered mode and speeds should be a bit better.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612

I don't recall there being a way that I've seen to find out if the Hotspot is connected to Band 4 or Band 13. The diagnostic pages are very basic.

A good rule of thumb with Band 4 is to consider the following. If you have 3 bars or less, you're likely not on Band 4. The device will head to Band 13 as it will usually provide better signal reliability. If you're indoors, you're more likely to be on Band 13.

Also take note that Wi-Fi is a common limiter on the speeds you'll get. You'll usually see nothing more than 30Mbps on most Wireless N devices. Connect to the Hotspot using USB Tethered mode and speeds should be a bit better.

0 Likes
Jedis00

smith6612

I have a full five bars (though indoors) and am tethered. Routinely get 10-12Mbps. Usually around 10Mbps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Wow! Those are great speeds Jedis00! We anticipate LTE speeds to be 5-12 Mbps http://vz.to/1kYPxQV and you are certainly getting the better speeds on the spectrum! I would recommend keeping current settings to maintain the high speeds outlined in your post.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jedis00

Huh? My phone, sitting right next to the hotspot is faster and people are

posting 30MBps down on AWS.

On Wednesday, February 18, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes