Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I connect my Roku to a jetpack
Baserri

I can't get my Roku device to connect to my Jetpack 6620L.  It won't pick up the Jetpack's SSID.  It connected without a problem to my wireless router until I moved to an area where cable is unavailable and I had to get a Jetpack for internet connectivity.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I connect my Roku to a jetpack
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Do you know what wifi frequency the Jetpack is broadcasting on and what the Roku can connect to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Baserri

5Ghz.  The Roku connects to my Verizon iPhone 5 but not to the Jetpack.  I'd used the Roku in my previous residence to connect to a wireless router connected to cable internet and had no problems.  I moved to a residence with no cable access so I got a Verizon Jetpack 6620L, and I just connected the Roku to my TV and it won't pick up the Jetpack SSID, but it will pick up the iPhone SSID.  I've repeatedly tried to manually enter the Jetpack SSID and password in the Roku but it still wouldn't connect to the Jetpack.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unless you somehow have unlimited data I'm not sure you want to connect a Roku to a jetpack anyway. You do know Netflix will use up to 3 GB an hour.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Baserri

The Roku is a very fun device to use for sure! What model do you have? Are you able to connect your iPhone or a laptop to your Jetpack?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Simmer down. They just don't want to see you back here next month angry about overages.

Roku will only connect to 2.4ghz router to the best of my knowledge. You'll need to change your frequency.

7e18n1

> 5Ghz. The Roku connects to my Verizon iPhone 5 but not to the Jetpack.

The 6620L is dual band, but it is not simultaneous dual band. It only does one band, either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, at a time. The default is 2.4Ghz and if you want to use 5Ghz then you must reconfigure it to use 5Ghz.

To reconfigure the 6620L for 5Ghz, use your iPhone to connect to the 6620L. Navigate to http://my.jetpack or http://192.168.1.1 and login using the same password used to connect. Then, using pages 31 to 33 in the USER GUIDE as a reference, locate the “Band:” setting as shown on page 33. Use the drop down to change to 5Ghz, and click Save Changes. After the Jetpack restarts your Roku should be able to see the Jetpack. Your iPhone will have to reconnect as well.

0 Likes
Gunnymel

We are having the same issue.

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes