Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I see individual connected device usage on my JetPack 890L?
TLAPLANTE

I am trying to track rouge data usage - I need to see what device is sucking down my data. I'd like to see if there is a report that shows the data usage by IP or MAC address for the devices that are connected to my JetPack.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I see individual connected device usage on my JetPack 890L?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> I'd like to see if there is a report that shows the data usage by IP or MAC address for the devices that are connected to my JetPack.

The reports that are offered by VZW only show summarized session data.  It is not possible to gain access to reports that reveal individual transaction or machine filtered results.

If you are investigating data usage then you have a few options:

1. Use isolation testing.  This technique requires you to power off all devices except for one.  Let the device run for a while and check on the VZW data reports that are offered as they will now only reflect that one devices usage.  Lots of trial and error mixed with good luck on timing is required for this technique to be effective.

2. Setup a custom data monitor.  This technique require more technical knowledge and planning.  You can either setup monitors on a 3rd party router with built in reporting or install individual data monitors directly on your devices.  Router monitors are the only solution to capture devices like TVs or smart appliances that do not have data usage apps.  For nomal PCs and phones there are generally individual monitors that can be found and installed such as Glasswire for Windows.  Monitors will be different for each individual OS you happen to report on so there is a lot of configuration and tinkering necessary to make sense of all the data.

0 Likes