Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do you reset the voicemail on the VZW Home Connect? When I call from an outside line, I get a blast of static, and when I dial *86 from the home phone, I get a busy signal.....
SoccaFam

Our voice mail hasn't worked in about a month.  I tried to reset it, but when I dial *86, I get a busy signal.  When I try to call from my cell phone or work phone, I get a blast of static in my ear.  Is it my service or is it the device? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you reset the voicemail on the VZW Home Connect? When I call from an outside line, I get a blast of static, and when I dial *86 from the home phone, I get a busy signal.....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SoccaFam,

Being able to fully use all the features with your home phone is important. Let's see what we can do here for you. Do you only get the static when trying to check voicemail? Can you make and receive calls normally on the home phone?

NicoleB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How do you reset the voicemail on the VZW Home Connect? When I call from an outside line, I get a blast of static, and when I dial *86 from the home phone, I get a busy signal.....
SoccaFam

Yes, we can call out and receive incoming just fine. It is only when we are calling the voice mail to check it or when folks are trying to leave us a message do we have any issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Having voice mail these days is so important! Has your voice mail ever worked on your home phone connect? Have you dialed *228, option 1 to update your settings? We may have to have you call in to do further trouble shooting on your home phone connect.

AllisonC_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes