Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to set up VPN for MiFi Jetpack 6240L
Netcompin2012

I would like to know how to set up a VPN for my MiFi.  I plan on traveling and want it secure when I use it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How to set up VPN for MiFi Jetpack 6240L
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> I don't have any VPN credentials.

You should have VPN credentials of some kind, that is how VPNs authenticate and confirm that you have access to their servers in the first place.  No credentials means no access.  I would contact your VPN provider and ask for clarification.

> That was why I was asking about setting up the MiFi for VPS usage

Again, there is nothing to setup on your MiFi for VPN usage.  VPNs run along the same level as any normal internet application.  As long as you are allowed to connect to the MiFi, and the VPN server is publicly available somewhere on the Internet then you will be fine.  Once you hit the VPN server you will be required to authenticate in one way or another, this is the hurdle you need to get over to complete the connection.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

You don't need to do anything with your MiFi.  Search around for a VPN provider and try a few out.  All you need for a VPN is a VPN client of some kind and a VPN server where you have the credentials to connect to.  The MiFi doesn't do anything special nor should it need any special configurations.

0 Likes
Netcompin2012

I don't have any VPN credentials.  That was why I was asking about setting up the MiFi for VPS usage.  I am only using a MiFi unit, nothing else.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> I don't have any VPN credentials.

You should have VPN credentials of some kind, that is how VPNs authenticate and confirm that you have access to their servers in the first place.  No credentials means no access.  I would contact your VPN provider and ask for clarification.

> That was why I was asking about setting up the MiFi for VPS usage

Again, there is nothing to setup on your MiFi for VPN usage.  VPNs run along the same level as any normal internet application.  As long as you are allowed to connect to the MiFi, and the VPN server is publicly available somewhere on the Internet then you will be fine.  Once you hit the VPN server you will be required to authenticate in one way or another, this is the hurdle you need to get over to complete the connection.

0 Likes