Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hum Problems
DAWLAN37

Hi,

I got my Hum+  Dec 29. Within a few days, it gave me an alert that I had a problem with my alternator. I took the car into a mechanic, who discovered the alternator was overcharging. This problem would not be discovered, unless a mechanic was specifically looking for it. Unfixed, the overcharging alternator could have damaged the battery, the onboard computer, and other electronics. For that. I thank having a Hum+.

HOWEVER !!!! Since Jan 7 , the Hum hasnt been working. Not updating location, or trips. Jan 8, I had the alternator replaced, and the alert is still on my Android phone, and the computer app. I have tried removing the Hum from the OBD port, removed and reinstalled the app on my phone, deleted all the stats on the phone app, and it still is not capturing trips, location, and still has the original alternator alert.

I am happy the Hum saved me major damages to my car and wallet, but I would be over the moon thrilled if the Hum would work as it should.

Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hum Problems
DAWLAN37

I forgot to add, the unit beeps about every 5 minutes while I am driving

0 Likes
Re: Hum Problems
christinej_vzw
Verizon Employee

DAWLAN37;

We always want your devices to work properly. While we are glad the HUM picked up one issue, we do not like to hear that you have come across other issues with it. This link here will go over some general troubleshooting steps you may take with it: Troubleshooting Assistant for Hum x | Verizon Wireless 

If you continue to come across issues, you may reach our HUM support team through social media on Facebook (Verizon) or Twitter (VZWSupport) or by calling in at 800-922-0204 and our customer service team will get you over to the HUM support team.

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes