Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I have a jetpack 4GLTE model MiFi 6620L
meckman01

I have a jetpack 4GLTE model MiFi 6620L in a two story house with a basement.  I cannot get signal up stairs or in basement.  Is there a booster or is a second unit required?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a jetpack 4GLTE model MiFi 6620L
Weth
Sr. Leader

Which signal can't you get, the cellular signal or the wifi signal?

0 Likes
meckman01

Mainly wifi

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

meckman01,

Look no further help is here! Has it always been this way or did it recently start? What is the software version currently on the device? How many devices do you have connected to the MiFi? Does this happen when you only have one device connected to the MiFi?

It is possible that the channel selected by the MiFi 6620 is noisy due to interference from other Wi-Fi users in the area. Changing the channel may help improve the range of the Wi-Fi connection. We recommend trying the non-overlapping channels such as 1, 6, or 11. You can change the Channel using the Admin page http://vz.to/1gXmZcc. You can find instructions on page 60 of the user manual http://vz.to/1KdIZGr. Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
7e18n1

You can try a Wi-Fi extender. Walmart sells an Amped model that might work.

0 Likes
meckman01

Thank you. I'm actually trading this one in for the one with the router and voice today. Let's see if it helps. But I will definitely keep that in mind if I need it.

Michelle Eckman

Sent from my iPhone