Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I have hotspot 5510L and haven't been able to get 4G even though I'm in an area that has 4G. For the past several days, every time I turn on the device, it's constatntly flipping from 1X to 3G every few seconds. Not sure what the issue is here. Anyone hea
bjoyner78

I have hotspot 5510L and haven't been able to get 4G even though I'm in an area that has 4G. For the past several days, every time I turn on the device, it's constantly flipping from 1X to 3G every few seconds. Not sure what the issue is here. Anyone heard of an issue like this, or know how to fix it? Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I have hotspot 5510L and haven't been able to get 4G even though I'm in an area that has 4G. For the past several days, every time I turn on the device, it's constatntly flipping from 1X to 3G every few seconds. Not sure what the issue is here. Anyone
7e18n1

Do the usual things, turn the device off, disconnect it from external power, remove the battery, lift the SIM Card clip and slide the SIM Card back as far as it will go (about ¼”). Let the device sit for a minute, and reassemble it: push the SIM Card back in place, secure the clip, install the battery and cover. Turn on the Jetpack and wait for it to power up completely. If it doesn’t work as expected, remove the cover, push the Reset button holding it for 10 seconds and release the Reset button. Observe the display, it should tell you it is resetting and restarting. Install the cover, and respond to the startup prompts. Reset will reset the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and Wi-Fi Password, so be prepared to reestablish a new Wi-Fi connection with the default Wi-Fi Password if you changed the default.

Customer Service is (800) 922-0204 if you need help.   

View solution in original post

Re: I have hotspot 5510L and haven't been able to get 4G even though I'm in an area that has 4G. For the past several days, every time I turn on the device, it's constatntly flipping from 1X to 3G every few seconds. Not sure what the issue is here. Anyone
7e18n1

Do the usual things, turn the device off, disconnect it from external power, remove the battery, lift the SIM Card clip and slide the SIM Card back as far as it will go (about ¼”). Let the device sit for a minute, and reassemble it: push the SIM Card back in place, secure the clip, install the battery and cover. Turn on the Jetpack and wait for it to power up completely. If it doesn’t work as expected, remove the cover, push the Reset button holding it for 10 seconds and release the Reset button. Observe the display, it should tell you it is resetting and restarting. Install the cover, and respond to the startup prompts. Reset will reset the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and Wi-Fi Password, so be prepared to reestablish a new Wi-Fi connection with the default Wi-Fi Password if you changed the default.

Customer Service is (800) 922-0204 if you need help.   

View solution in original post