Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I switched from a 4510 jetpack to a 6620L yesterday, it shows that "data usage is not available". I bring up the data usage and it shows 0.00
Richard80

The 6620L is supposed to show real time data usage. Since I have usage this month it should be available. It is still the same account.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I switched from a 4510 jetpack to a 6620L yesterday, it shows that "data usage is not available". I bring up the data usage and it shows 0.00
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Richard80, we want to help you manage data usage and address all of your concerns. Do you currenlty have prepaid or post paid service?

The activation of a new device on postpaid service will not affect your data usage. However, data usage sessions reported online at My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc can be delayed for up to 48 hours. Please allow 1-2 days for all of your usage to post online.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I switched from a 4510 jetpack to a 6620L yesterday, it shows that "data usage is not available". I bring up the data usage and it shows 0.00
7e18n1

Do the usual things, power down, remove the battery and SIM Card, reinstall, power up and when it finishes perform a hardware reset. When the unit comes back up, login to MyVerizon and make sure the device is listed. If the problem persists, call Verizon Wireless Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 early in the morning to reduce the wait time necessary to speak with an agent. Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Richard80, we want to help you manage data usage and address all of your concerns. Do you currenlty have prepaid or post paid service?

The activation of a new device on postpaid service will not affect your data usage. However, data usage sessions reported online at My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc can be delayed for up to 48 hours. Please allow 1-2 days for all of your usage to post online.

LasinaH_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Richard80

Yes I do have a prepaid Jetpack account and I also have a prepaid phone account (it is not a smart phone). They are separate accounts. I was a Millenicom customer with Verizon before. Now I have an account directly with Verizon. It is a stand alone account. I understand the day or two delay of posting the usage on the website. What I didn't know is why the REAL TIME USAGE DISPLAY on the 6620L was not showing any usage. When I power it up is says "usage not available" but it does show when the end of the cycle is. I called customer support and she said that she would update something and it would take care of the problem. What she did however, was change my plan to something that I did not ask for. I called back the billing department and spoke to someone more knowledgeable. She told me that she was correcting the plan back to what I signed up for, and it would be corrected. She didn't know any answers to give me about the usage not showing, other than it

might correct itself, since I had only upgrade to the 6620 a few days ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Richard80, thanks for that clarification. It sounds like you activated a new prepaid line when you activated that device. Please reach our to our prepaid team at 888-294-6804 for assistance with this matter.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Richard80

Thank You for your help. I called that number and she said everything has been taken care of and I now can see the usage starting to show up on the Jetpack. Also that the plan that I had to start with will be the one that I am using. Thanks again for your help.

Richard80