Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I was just reading that you're supposed to report/register range extenders to VERIZON. Does that include my new NETGEAR N300 WiFi Range Extender? I assume not, but, just thought I'd ask.
petereugenebovold

Range Extenders refer to LTE Mobile Range Extenders, and not the home WiFi variety, right? I read that we're supposed to report Extender purchases to VERIZON. I'd hate to accidentally commit a felony!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I was just reading that you're supposed to report/register range extenders to VERIZON. Does that include my new NETGEAR N300 WiFi Range Extender? I assume not, but, just thought I'd ask.
Snn5
Sr. Leader

No sir.  WiFi extenders are exempt.  Boosters and Verizon (network) extenders must be registered.

Re: I was just reading that you're supposed to report/register range extenders to VERIZON. Does that include my new NETGEAR N300 WiFi Range Extender? I assume not, but, just thought I'd ask.
beentheredonethat

A Network Extender is added to your account with Verizon but doesn't incur any costs to operate it.  That's largely to prevent territory infringement, to keep a Verizon customer from using a NE in a non-Verizon service area where they're not licensed.  Also for e911 purposes so that if someone dials 911 and the call goes out by way of a NE the emergency responders know the location.  A [cellular] signal booster is a different item, not sold by Verizon but can be purchased by the general public, and must be registered with the FCC.

Wifi range extenders are available to general public and have no bearing on cell service.  No registration required.

petereugenebovold

That's what I thought, but a newby is better off asking. Thanks a bunch.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Welcome!