Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is it possible to add unlocked devices to verizons network
bzubrick

I would prefer a response from someone employed by Verizon that has some knowledge of device compatibility so if you do not meet either of those requirements then please do not make any comments in this thread.

If I have an unlocked device that has identical cellular specifications to a device that is currently being sold on Verizon's Website how do I confirm the devices compatibility?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Is it possible to add unlocked devices to verizons network
MiiHere
Leader
0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader
0 Likes
bzubrick

The line of text that reads "if I have an unlocked device" should actually read "if i have found an unlocked device". I don't own the Unlocked device but I am considering purchasing. I would like to keep my service with Verizon so it is really important for me to know if the device is capable.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Tell us the device and we can tell you more. The official word and what actually works are not always the same. Be as specific as possible, including exact model number.

There are a few key things to look for - it must be Verizon CDMA capable, and it must have at least LTE band 13, and preferably band 4.

As far as limiting your responses to only Verizon employees - you are really limiting your access to knowledge and you are not increasing your chance of getting a good or right answer. Most Verizon employees will say if it is not a Verizon device, it is not compatible and be safe about it.

Weth
Sr. Leader
0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The last few tablets for Verizon Wireless have been LTE only devices without the CDMA radios in them. One example of a fully compatible unlocked tablet is the Nexus 7 LTE 2013 LTE tablet or the Nexus 9. Both are capable of using the Verizon Wireless network.

An example of a unlocked phone is the Moto X 2015 Pure Edition. It has both the CDMA frequencies and the LTE frequencies capable of connecting to the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Weth
Sr. Leader

Good to know, and makes sense.

0 Likes
bzubrick

I feel part of the problem that everyone is stuck on is that for what ever reason it is believed that I am speaking of a phone when in actuality I am speaking of a device. It is also "great" to know that no one has adhered to my request and I will terminate my exploration of assistance from the community forum.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You know it would have helped if you had mentioned the kind of device you were considering.

I brought tablets into the discussion, but we haven't touched on the other connected devices that are available. Without knowing the type of device, a member of the community assumed one type of device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kaebfly
Leader

This is primarily a peer to peer forum so the majority of the responses will be from other customers. You can't honestly expect that you can dictate who is allowed to respond to your question on a peer to peer forum. If you want info only from Verizon employees you would be better off actually contacting Verizon directly to ask your question. You could do so via chat, calling in, or visiting your local store. Hopefully you can get the answer you're looking for if you don't think fellow customers can help. In the meantime you may check back here to see if a rep comments.

0 Likes