Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is my device compatible with USB 3.0?
agier

I have a Pantech UML295. I have sporadic issues connecting to the internet now that I upgraded from a Lenovo Thinkpad W510 to a Lenovo Thinkpad W540. Is there any specific IP addresses that have to go in under the network adaptor properties? Furthermore, is this device compatible with USB 3.0? This laptop has USB 3.0 connections.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Pantech UML295?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> Is there any specific IP addresses that have to go in under the network adaptor properties?

Nope.  IP addresses are not important when connecting to the internet.  They are only relevant when you have static IP Addresses configured on your local area network.

> Furthermore, is this device compatible with USB 3.0?

USB is backwards compatible.  Even if the USB port on the USB drive is only 2.0 it will work just fine on a USB 3.0 laptop port.  All it means is that you will be connecting with 2.0 speeds instead of 3.0 which is usually not a problem for USB modems.

View solution in original post

John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> Is there any specific IP addresses that have to go in under the network adaptor properties?

Nope.  IP addresses are not important when connecting to the internet.  They are only relevant when you have static IP Addresses configured on your local area network.

> Furthermore, is this device compatible with USB 3.0?

USB is backwards compatible.  Even if the USB port on the USB drive is only 2.0 it will work just fine on a USB 3.0 laptop port.  All it means is that you will be connecting with 2.0 speeds instead of 3.0 which is usually not a problem for USB modems.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want fo you to connect to the network all the time as we know that is important, agier. Thank you John Getzke for your helpful information. What exactly is happening with the connection? Also, does it happen at multiple locations?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes