Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is password or PIN required to use USB760 3G modem with a Zoom 4501 router?
HopMan

I've had a USB760 3g modem for many years that has worked well and continues to work well in my laptop.  It no longer works in my Zoom 4501 router after having to reset it and upgrade the firmware.  The firmware and router are compatible with the USB760.  Reverted back to the original firmware and installed other versions but to no avail.  The router will recognize the modem but the modem will fail to connect.   I don't remember having to enter IP address, DNS or passwords or PINS but there are spaces for these in the router set-up.  As I recall it was just a matter of plugging in the modem and it connected itself.  I don't wan't to go out and buy a new router unless I have to.

thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is password or PIN required to use USB760 3G modem with a Zoom 4501 router?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Your USB modem may have an issue that will require replacement.

I would pull the USB modem out of the router and plug it directly into a PC with the VZW Access Manager software installed.  Test it out directly on a PC and check for defects. If it works then the problem is with the router.  If it doesn't work then the USB modem itself has gone bad and would need to be called in for support or replaced.