Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is there a signal booster for use in my home?
Topotony

We get 1 bar at the front window. Our ISP is satellite, but is pretty terrible, and I’d love to dump it and just use our Verizon service. I was hoping there’s a reliable booster that can get us better signal throughout the house. Maybe I need an antenna, which I would definitely install, if I had some guidance on what to get.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there a signal booster for use in my home?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You need to look at boosters not available from Verizon Wireless. Instead check out 3Gstore.com, 3G/4G Routers, Antennas, Boosters, WiFi, IP Switches.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to be able to rely on service while at home, Topotony. To clarify, does service improve when outside? What is your experience with call and data? What is your zip code?

Verizon Wireless does offer Network Extenders, however, this does require a high speed wired broadband data connection. We cannot guarantee a third party booster would function properly with your service.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Topotony

We can get 2 bars of signal outside the house. From outside, usually not a problem with calls or data. Inside, we can call or use data if the phone is sitting right on the sill of the front window. We're in the 95945 zip code.

The other comment said 3rd party boosters work, but you're saying that's not necessarily true? Are there any guidelines to trying one, and getting good results?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The VZW rep said they couldn't guarantee the a third party booster would function properly.

They have no experience with those booster. The link I provided is for a store that specializes in those boosters and the challenges of finding the right one for each situation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Topotony,

We appreciate you reaching out to the community for suggestions. The comments you've seen here are correct. To clarify, you would be looking at trying a third party device that we would not support. However, usually, the manufacturer of the product would be able to support you. You'll need to do some research to find a product that sounds like it meets your needs. If you're able to find a booster that does the trick for your phones, then you can certainly check in with us on internet options. You can review our internet device programs here: http://vz.to/2n9eI9B You can also add a data device to a share plan that you already have. Limitations apply depending on the plan in those instances. I hope this information helps to answer your questions.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes