Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Issues connecting to Network Extender with new Note Edge.
DC813

I have had a NE (network extender) in my home for some time now as we have a 1x signal at all times. The NE has always worked fine for us through 3 new phones and all of our friend's and family's phones. My wife and I both had Note 3's. I just upgraded to the Note Edge. My wife's phone still connects to the NE however, my Edge will not. So far to correct this issue I have tried rebooting the NE,  changing the NE security from encrypted to open, removing my number from the NE and re-adding it, rebooting my phone, Turing off HD calling, doing a factory reset on phone and nothing has worked. What is confusing me though is when I first turned the phone on, unactivated, it connected to the NE. When I activated it, it will no longer hook up to the NE. I have spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon and Samsung. No one seems to have an answer. Anyone know? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Issues connecting to Network Extender with new Note Edge.
DC813

Success! As I stated in my OP, when I took my phone out of the box, unactivated, it connected to my NE. Sitting here thinking about it.... the phone came with a new Sim card. It would never activate so I popped in my old Sim and used that one.

I put the new Sim back in my phone, call VZ and had it activated and Bingo. It connected. I'm still puzzled though. My note 3 connected just fine with the Sim I just removed from my edge.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
DC813-

Let's get you the connection you deserve.  What color are the lights on the network extender?  Have you dialed #48 on the phone after plugging in the network extender?  What happens?  Keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
DC813

As stated in my post, my wife's phone still connects fine. All lights are and have been blue. On any phone  connected to the NE, the phone will display a small "house" icon above the signal bars. When I dial #48 it states that I am not connected to the NE and I have no icon above my signal bars.

Also as stated, I have rebooted the NE, rebooted my phone, turned off any network options that may interfere and lastly did a full recovery on my phone with no change. When I first took the phone out of the box and powered it on, it connected to the NE. After activated and reboot.... no connection.

Thanks for any additional assitance.

0 Likes
DC813

So no more assistance  then?

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You must turn off Advanced Calling for the extender to work with your phone.

0 Likes
DC813

Oh god does anyone read the original post????? The verizon guy didn't either...... HD calling was turned off as well.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Have you tried turning on/off mobile data?  If your phone even gets a whiff of a stronger signal it will battle with the extender signal to your phone.  LTE phones just don't play well with extenders, but Wilson has a few extenders and boosters that will more than make up for the Samsung extender, costs the same, and Verizon will be coming out with 4G-compatible extenders shortly.  3G extenders were never really meant for 4G phones.

DC813

I'll try that but I don't know how it could even get a whiff of anything. My signal is terrible at my place. My phone toggles between no signal and 1x while I'm home. Thanks for the advice. I'll try that now and reply back.

DC813

Dangit.... so that didn't work either. I'm stumped.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

I could never get my LTE LG G2 to connect, whether AC was on or off.  I couldn't switch to 3G only either, so I gave up.

0 Likes