Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetpack 4620L will say ‘ready' but then cycles through connect/ disconnect when I connect devices
wyn

When I turn my jetpack on it will go through the typical start up cycle [eg: will go though all options 4GLTE, 3G, 1xRTT, etc]. It will connect then disconnect from each then settle on the best [or only network] it can - usually 3G. The display will either say ‘Ready’ or ‘connected.’ However, when I connect my computer or iphone, it will appear as if the device is connected but the jetpack display will go through an endless cycle of ‘connecting,’ ‘disconnecting’ which prevents any device from actually connecting to the internet [despite the device looking as if it is].

I’ve tried hard resets, soft resets, powering down, taking the SIM card out, trying it with a setting other than ‘Global’ [eg: 4G LTE only, 3G only, CDMA auto,EV-DO only, etc], This was an abrupt change, literally overnight. I don’t think it’s the device because I’m able to successfully purchase/ use Rovair.com on-demand mobile broadband with jetpack. So, in other words, the jetpack is able to still be used as a mobile hotspot, just not with Verizon ? The device is 3 … 4 … yrs old and not under warranty; I haven’t called Verizon yet. As far as I can tell, per the admin page, it’s still active [although it’s presently connected to Rovair] Suggestions? Thanks!

Labels (1)
Re: Jetpack 4620L will say ‘ready' but then cycles through connect/ disconnect when I connect devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
wyn

Thank you for reaching out! Let's make sure we get your Jetpack working the way it should be. When did this start? Does your phone have any physical/water damage? What zip code are you currently in? Thank you for all the troubleshooting steps you have already taken. Here are some additional steps you can take it not done so yet http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/jetpack-4g-lte-mobile-hotspot-mifi-4620l-troubleshooting/ .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 4620L will say ‘ready' but then cycles through connect/ disconnect when I connect devices
wyn

Hello

Thanks for your quick reply! 

The Jetpack does not have any physical/water damage . My zip is 02131; I’ ve checked coverage maps and I’m covered. Also, let’s remember, the mifi was working one day and the very next, without any apparent damage, change of settings, environment, etc., it began this strange connect/disconnect cycle. When it does this, I’m unable to connect to the internet and, thus, unable to access its status/settings, etc. by typing  http://192.168.1.1 in the url.

However, when I was connected using rovair, I was ab;le to access the mifi admin page and could, if I wanted, change the password and make other minor changes.

Additionally, I’m unable to contact the Account Manager to inquire if things have c hange on their end - the Mifi belongs to my roommate’s via her job. She just doesn’t ever need it; so I’ve been using it for the last 1+ yrs without issues. Yes, this does throw a wrench in things, I’m sure. No one has indicated to her that service has been suspended/cancelled or that there have been any issues at all. 

Basically, if there’s a way to troubleshoot this on my own, I’d like to. However, if it’s an account issue, I’m out of luck. Is there a way to check the account standing if I’m not one of the Account managers allowed to access bills, plan, etc? 

toga1530
Novice

Same problem with my Jetpack. I've been thru the whole trouble shooting routine.  It's bad equipment or Verizon.  None of my other devices have this issue.  Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
wyn thank you for the info. That area looks to be well covered. This may be something where we check the towers themselves. However, we need to speak with the account owner to do so. Can you contact the owner and have them contact us at 800-922-0204? Once we speak to them and verify them, we can have our engineers look into this further.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
toga1530
Novice

I have the same problem including turning off the Jetpack and PC at night. But, I left the Jetpack plugged in. Woke up one morn. at 3am and the lights were blinking on and off, yellow, blue, red.  I live in a rural are, I finally found out that I sit directly between both towers. That may explain having either 3g or a weak 4g 90% of the time. I unplug the Jetpack now so it doesn't come on by itself.  it seems Verizon is pinging data during their maint. period to me. How this wakes my Jetpack up I don't know.  It would be nice to get the 4g I pay for instead being stuck in a zone with low data due to the location of the two towers.  Not sure what to do except deal with it.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Options would be as follows:

1. Deal with it

2. Contact VZW for replacement options under the warranty

3. Try a different Jetpack model

4. Setup a 4G booster kit

5. Wait for the VZW 4G Network Extender to get released (sometime soon?)

All you can do for now is walk around with a mobile device and perform a site survey.  This will help you identify if there are any weak spots in your home that can be configured or moved around. 

Site Survey:

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

0 Likes