Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L cord problems?
jsomer

The cord used to recharge the battery of my jetpack is failing. When it is plugged in, most of the time it does nothing. In order to get the charging process to start, I have to move the jetpack around to find the right position for the cord to connect properly. Also, the front display often shows that the battery is fully charged when it is not, and when it shows it's charging, it isn't actually doing so. My contract is up in 2 months. Am I going to have to buy a new jetpack? Why should I have to pay to replace shoddy equipment..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L cord problems?
7e18n1

Manufacturers tend to denied warranty claims involving power connectors, because under normal conditions they do not fail within the warranty period.

> In order to get the charging process to start, I have to move the jetpack around to find the right position for the cord to connect properly.

The power connector is loose and not because of a manufacture’s defect.

I’d get a new Jetpack if I were you.

Re: Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L cord problems?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> I have to move the jetpack around to find the right position for the cord to connect properly.

That is a symptom of a bad USB port on the Jetpack, not a bad charging cable.  If your port is broken or lose then the Jetpack should get sent in for warranty work.  If your Jetpack is out of warranty then you could try your luck resoldering the port on your own or ask a techie buddie to do it for you.  Pulling the Jetpack apart and exposing the USB port should be fairly simple if you can find all of the screws.