Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetpack Data Overage Charges? Does it mean the Jetpack's dropping data?
pilotcat

I've had my Jetpack for over a year.  It worked great with my tablet and my PC/laptop. 

Recently (mid Feb / mid March/April) I had overage charges ... extremely noticible since

I a) have a flip phone not a smart phone, 2) live alone 3) do not have Facebook or other data guzzling

social media accounts, 4) do not use video or stream music, 5) have zero aps on the

computer and lastly, have configed the google Chrome browse to limit the refresh rate

so I don't waste data.  Oh, and I don't have any one else using my account.

So I should not see any data overage.  I have a pay as you go, with a 4 G max.  In the past

year my usage was 2 G or thereabouts.  The last 2 months I went to 6 G  at 15 per G over and paid between

40 and 50 dollars in overage!!!  ARGaH.   I have 19 days left in my billing cycle and the last

short time on the Jetpack ran me up to 1.58 G!!!  This is not not I repeat normal.

I have locked the Jetpack down to the MAC address on my PC, run anti virus and malwarebytes on the

PC and ruled out data theft by others. 

So, I'm down to:  Verizon is double billing me or has a billing usage problem (ghost data going to ghost

website?? mioght neet to get Wireshark and 3rd party data tracker to further look at my use), the Jetpack is malfunctioning and dropping data packets so that data is sent 2 or 3 timeswhen it should only go once and be counted once.... and or the SIM card is defective?

I should add Verizon told me it was my problem, I charged the data used it and owe for it.  The only way to stop

charges is to turn the device off when done using, which I definitely do. 

Fortunately for me, I own the device (bought it on a pay as you go basis) so I can blow Verizon off if

they fail to be reasonable and helpful and simply go elsewhere with or without the Jetpack. 

So far, they blamed it all on me, rather than suggest the

device might be defective.  Which considering my low low tech data usage lifestyle is ... well frankly ridiculous!

My next step is to replace the SIM card for about 6 bucks and have Verizon deactive the current one,

and activate the new one in its place.  I'll probably get charged fee for that and if I do, I'm moving on

to AT&T or Tmobile or Sprint or Virgin Mobile.... don't use that much data and don't need it ....

If the Sim card doesn't help, then I will simply get a new device and try that... failing that curing my problem

it will be time to move to another service provider where my data usage will return to more normal levels...

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery on my problem?  Googling and browsing the forum has shown

this is not a "fake" problem, and lots of others have experienced it...

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Jetpack Data Overage Charges? Does it mean the Jetpack's dropping data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
I understand your concerns regarding data usage pilotcat! While I would love to review your account and get details on your data usage, we only have access to postpaid accounts and I see that you have a prepaid account. Please reach out to our prepaid customer service team at 888-294-6804 for assistance with this data usage concern.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack Data Overage Charges? Does it mean the Jetpack's dropping data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
I understand your concerns regarding data usage pilotcat! While I would love to review your account and get details on your data usage, we only have access to postpaid accounts and I see that you have a prepaid account. Please reach out to our prepaid customer service team at 888-294-6804 for assistance with this data usage concern.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes