Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetpak Fraud
joan1966

Not a happy with Verizon.  About 1.5 years ago, I spoke with a rep and asked if my phone was capable of connecting to PC and I was told no that I would have to buy a Jetpak.  Well today, I called asking for more info on the Verizon Edge program and this lady informed me that all Smartphones can be used as a hotspot for your PC. I came home and guess what, I can connect to my PC with my phone.  So I am out the monthly fee plus the money to purchase the Jetpak..........I called Verizon back and spoke with them very politely about my disappointment in regards to a sales rep lying to me.  Well we can give you a 25.00 credit, but it will cost you 180 to terminate since it is not Nov yet???  OK they have made over 400 off me for their lie, but I owe them to terminate?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Jetpak Fraud
MiiHere
Leader
joan1966

Its the fact I was point blank lied to.  Not happy at all about this!

MiiHere
Leader

Based on the lack of information and the lack of consistent information I've been given from Verizon and a lot of others, I think they probably didn't know any better. Anytime you ask Verizon a question, especially that involves spending money, it's always a good idea to call/chat multiple times to see what consistent answers you get.

0 Likes
joan1966

You would think they would at least offer a credit if that was the case of not knowing..........Im sorry is not very good for sales.

MiiHere
Leader

They did, they offered a $25 credit. I don't think you should get a credit on service, they provided it and you paid for it. I can see why you'd want a credit for the device, but you could also sell it and make back the other $25 you spent on it - assuming you bought the MiFi 6620L

0 Likes
joan1966

I would have used my phone if I was given the correct information and then I would not have purchased the Jetpak and paid for/used service I did not need.

MiiHere
Leader

Which could have been avoided if you had tried the hotspot, and if Verizon had trained their employee better or said employee listened better. Rule of thumb with Verizon is to take what they say with a grain of salt.

joan1966

I didn't know there was a hotspot until today

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

It is frustrating to just learn this, but I don't see Verizon giving you credit for the jetpack or the service you used for 1.5 years. It just is not going to happen.