Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Losing 4G
gmagg

I have a Dell desktop computer - new.  It it running Windows 7.

I have had the Jetpack MiFi 5510L less than a month.  Was working fine until earlier this week.  When I powered it on it first it said No Service, then Verizon 1X then Verizon 3G. 

In the network and sharing center and the icon on the taskbar it shows 5 bars but on the device it is showing 2.  The battery seems to be needing recharging more often.  The device is heating up. 

Since this is a new device for me, I have not idea if this is a normal thing to happen periodically. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Losing 4G
gmagg

I spoke with the person at the Verizon store who sold me the Jetpack.  He had me to into the menu and find the Mobile Network and choose 4G LTE only.  I will keep an eye on it though because I didn't change it to 3G in the first place.  I will take it back if I have to.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Does your Jetpack use a SIM card? If so have you tried removing it for a few minutes and reinserting it?

0 Likes
gmagg

Yes, it uses a SIM card.  I haven't tried removing it.  This device is so new that I haven't taken the back off to look.  I will attempt it and then answer back.  Thanks

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

If that doesn't work I would take it to Verizon corporate store and have them replace the Sim card for free.

0 Likes
gmagg

This did not solve the issue.  Still on 3 G and went through the same thing it did in my original post. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

If you can get to a corporate store I would replace the SIM, unless you can go into your jetpack settings and clear cache or data or something of that sort; I'm not personally familiar with the Jetpack.

0 Likes
gmagg

I think I am going to call the store that I purchased this from (a Verizon store).  There is one within 25 miles (I live in the country Smiley Happy)  Until I am able to either get help from the person who sold it to me or I can actually go there, I hope someone who is familiar with this device can come on here too. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
gmagg

I spoke with the person at the Verizon store who sold me the Jetpack.  He had me to into the menu and find the Mobile Network and choose 4G LTE only.  I will keep an eye on it though because I didn't change it to 3G in the first place.  I will take it back if I have to.

View solution in original post

0 Likes