Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M1000 Terrible Battery Life
jlward4th

The M1000 5G Mifi is advertised as having up to 24 hours of battery life.  I'm seeing more like 3 hours on a full charge.  Anyone else?  Think they are gonna fix this or should I return the device?

Tags (2)
Re: M1000 Terrible Battery Life
CorcoranJ

I haven't monitored how long mine lasts, but I did get the sense that it discharges rather quickly. However, in my case, I have an ethernet device plugged in to mine and therefore it requires continuous power from a charger.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jlward4th, we want to be sure you have the battery life you need to keep you going. Let's gather some information to help find a resolution. How long have you noticed the issue with the battery? Do you notice the MiFi getting hot when in use or charging?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonReallySux

Same for me. It lasts about 3 hours with the screen turned off and only one device connected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

VerizonReallySux, it worries me to learn you're only experiencing three hours of battery life on your MiFi. I want to help! To gain clarity, how often do you use your MiFi? How many devices are you connecting to your MiFi when you notice your battery draining after three hours? 

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonReallySux

Just one laptop with fairly light use - no heavy downloads or anything. I should also mention that it is in room temperature air (70 degrees F) with good airflow and no vents blocked. It’s been like that since the first use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I see. Thank you for clearing this up for us, and no worries. We will help you figure this out. By any chance, does your device have any physical or liquid damage? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonReallySux

Nope. I would describe it as lightly used.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for clarifying, VerizonReallySux. Do you keep this device powered on at all times? Could you please tell us a little more about the battery life you are experiencing?DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonReallySux

These questions are great (and pointless). I've told you everything about the battery life anyone could need to know. It's about three hours with one device connected doing light work at normal room temperature with none of the vents blocked and the screen off. I turn it off when I'm not using it because the battery life terrible! Are we just trying to drag this out as long as possible for fun?

0 Likes