Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M2100 bug report: unable to access admin pages until restarted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my "Jetpack M2100", and I have the very recent "System Update 3" installed.

Twice so far, after having it on for hours, I am unable to visit 192.168.1.1 from my web browser to access the admin pages.  It just times out after trying to access it for a while. 

It is otherwise working fine when this problem exists - I can connect and reconnect to the M2100, and it provides an internet connection.  The physical display on the device and the various menus also appear to be fine.  Just the "web server" that allows you to administrate the device is unavailable.

A manual restart of the device by using the power button and restart returns the device to normal operation and allows me to visit the admin pages again.

Just wanted to report.  I did do a factory reset after installing the most recent update - which is what I usually do just to be sure I'm starting off with a clean setup.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: M2100 bug report: unable to access admin pages until restarted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, LagunaJim1. We know how important it is for you to be able access the Admin page. Have your tried accessing the Admin page by going to http:/my.jetpack/ as well? 
*Cassie

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  Yes.  The admin pages are simply unavailable, either by ip address 192.168.1.1 or my http://my.jetpack

Note that after a restart it works perfectly for a few days -- at some point it seems I will be unable to access admin again without a restart.

My hope is that you collect reports like mine and if there are similar reports get the information to the developers for the device to work further.. 🙂 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We truly appreciate your telling us what is happening with your Jetpack. I do apologize that this has been occurring. We would like to get to the bottom of this situation so that your unit functions properly. We would love to complete some troubleshooting steps with you.

When time permits, please send us a Private Message via  http://on.fb.me/KdwH96 , we can then begin working with your specific model. 

-Roni

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to ask your forgiveness:  upon further testing it appears that it is a web browser issue NOT an M2100 issue.

I appreciate you reaching out - sorry to make the questionable report!!  /jim

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops - spoke too soon.

The unit has frozen up again -- as far as accessing the admin screens via a web browser.

I've tried it from two devices - same result.

I'm not going to do troubleshooting with you -- I want and expect you to report this anomaly so that if they get multiple reports they might work a solution in future firmware release.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Welcome back, Jim. Sorry to hear that the trouble has returned. We will be happy to report the issue you are experiencing. However, to do that, we will need to complete some troubleshooting with you and collect some information. To proceed to that process, please use the link above to join us in a private note. - Henry

0 Likes