Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message + for Windows very slow to start.
tae111

I have Message + on my Windows 10 computer. Each time I start the program I could grow old waiting for it to start. I have a pretty fast computer and most other programs start in the blink of an eye once I click on the icon. Verizon Message + can take 2 minutes to fully start after I click the icon. Even complex programs like Wondershare Filmora9 video editing software loads in less then half the time.

0 Likes
Re: Message + for Windows very slow to start.
jav6

Well, if you've done any research on Verizon Message+ and Windows 10 you will have found numerous threads going back months.  Verizon support says Message+ is not compatible with Windows 10 and has removed it from the Windows store for download.  We've all been waiting for a fixed version that can be counted on to show messages synchronized with Integrated Messaging devices and send/receive messages properly.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

tae111, we want to ensure you are able to utilize Message+ on your computer. Is your computer and application up to date?

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
jav6

@vzw_customer_support, @cheyennes_vzw , Are you saying there is a version of Message+ now available for computers running Windows 10?  What version is it?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jav6,

I apologize for any confusion caused by our prior response. Message+ is still not supported on Windows 10.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
tae111

I didn't really pay attention to the version when I downloaded it. I just googled Verizon messenger for windows and it brought me to the download site. That was on my newest desk top. My older desktop already had it when it was Windows 7 and still had it when it was upgraded to Windows 10. The program does work with Windows 10 it just takes up to 2 minutes sometimes to start after clicking the icon. Windows 10 has been out for quite some time now so it's about time for Verizon to fix the issue.

0 Likes
tae111

Verizon doesn't seem to like to work with other companies and platforms. This issue is one example. Another is Amazon Fire tablets. I purchased one of those when they came out. It was possible to configure it to get Verizon Message and I did and it worked great. Unfortunately that tablet failed and was replaced under warranty. The newer version they sent me was still able to be configured to get apps from the Google play store and you can still download Verizon Message but it will not complete the installation due to the fact it will not read the Q code sent by Verizon Message for activation. That's probably mostly Amazons fault but I bet it could be resolved if both companies worked together. I'm not holding my breath waiting for either solution. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want all of our products to work for our customers, tae111. Possibly the issue is a compatibility issue between our app and the tablet. 

It would be best to reach out to our App Support for Message+ by emailing them at VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes