Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiFi 2200 speed problem
katburt

I have a 5 year old MiFi 2200 with an unlimited data plan. I get up to 4-5 bars of 3G signal. It used to work great, but now I get terrible results from speed tests (speedtest.net). Sometimes I get up to 1 MB/s, but mostly I get up to .15 MB/s. Has Verizon slowed it down because of my unlimited plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MiFi 2200 speed problem
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

You are more than likely getting network optimized:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-optimization/

If you cut down your usage, consuming during off hours or migrate to a 4G LTE plan then your full speeds will return.

0 Likes
RondaStrope

I have the same issue and YES after many hours of support I am pretty sure it's because we have an unlimited plan and this is their way of forces us into a new plan in which they can NO where near come close to allowing me the same kind of service without it costing me an additional 250.00 a month plus the 219.00 I already pay for phone service. I am not happy about this at all and I feel it is so unfair that they even treat customers like this. I bought this plan and I should be able to continue to use it a full speed until I choose to change. Not be forced to change.

0 Likes
RondaStrope

we shouldn't have to cut down on our usage, we purchase an unlimited plan.

0 Likes
nonfiction

I've had the same problem for quite a while... horrendously slow speeds all over the country, since I travel a lot.  We all cannot upgrade to a 4G compatible device without losing our unlimited data status.  I was told personally by a Verizon rep in a store that Verizon is adamantly trying to get rid of all of the legacy data subscriber plans.  This practice is illegal... note that last week AT&T settled with the FCC for $100M because they were found to have been doing the same exact thing to their grandfathered unlimited data users.  THE SAME THING NEEDS TO HAPPEN HERE... I've been paying $80/month for years and have hardly used it because whenever I muster the strength to try and deal w/ their UFB customer support, it never produces a satisfactory answer.  They rely on people giving up, period.  And by the way, pack of Guinness to anyone who can figure out how to actually contact someone who can actually help you at Verizon:  all my email gets rejected as having to valid mailbox (even though it's the email that gets spun up when I click on the "Email Technical Support" in my VZW app; trying to call is equivalent to watching paint dry while you sit in prison for life; and chat is an equally alarming waste of time. This company should be ashamed of itself... at the very least, they need to get slapped w/ at least $100M fine just like AT&T.

0 Likes
nonfiction

btw, NOTE how this has NOT BEEN ANSWERED.  Don't hold your breath.  Let me know if you're interested in dropping a dime to the FCC and class action plaintiff's firm.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Take another gander at that customer agreement (contract) and you will see there is no such thing as a class action anything.

0 Likes
nonfiction

go back to law school, arbitration clauses aren't bullet proof.. and even if a court were to uphold them, that doesn't stop the FCC from slapping a fat penalty on Verizon for violating federal telecom regs....

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

And those unlimited data plans had verbiage to the effect that abuse could result in slowing and termination.

0 Likes
nonfiction

reasonable network management |= discriminating between plans which is what is occurring here (see, eg, Verizon's plan to throttle LTE speeds draws scrutiny from FCC chairman). and again, the enforceability of that type of clause is suspect at best in light of federal law and especially application of net neutrality ruling.

btw, are you the (anonymous) customer support we've all been trying to reach, sent to try and squelch the community of harmed customers from collective action... rhetorical question.

0 Likes