Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiFi 8800L No Battery
DAVCLA22

I have had my MiFi for a few months. When I received it it had enough juice to activate it. A few weeks later a took it up north where I will use it and I would constantly get a ‘No Battery’ warning and a constant boot loop. A called about it and they said it was past the 45 days so they couldn’t replace it.  I bought a new battery, assuming that was the problem, still ‘No Battery’ message.  I have cleaned the contacts and carefully aligned the contacts as suggested.  No help. What do I do?  I have never even used it!  Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: MiFi 8800L No Battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want you to have the ability to use your MiFi device. I'm sorry to learn of any issues with it. Tell me, what message, if any, do you get if you plug it into a charger? What is the battery indicator showing, and does it charge up to 100% Please share some details for me, thanks very much. 

0 Likes
DAVCLA22

Thanks for responding.  As soon as I plug it in, with the provided block and cord, it will have the ‘MiFi’ screen (white letter, black background), then will go to the Verizon boot up, then a screen pops up (black text and symbol on a white background) “No Battery”. It the sits there for 10-15 seconds and starts over.  It stops when I remove the battery.  

0 Likes
DAVCLA22

I have only once gotten past the ‘No Battery’. It then said it was fully charged but it wasn’t.  I turned it off, turned it on and here we are. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for those details, DAVCLA22. To help look into the trouble with the jetpack working with the new battery, please send us a Private Message. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's take a look, please send us a Private Note. 

0 Likes
AA-Ron-P

Just got mine. Same issue. Took the back off, pulled the battery, rubbed the contacts with a lens cloth then pushing on the terminals in the unit. Plugged in, got 24% Fast Charging screen. I suspect the pull tab that keeps the battery from draining, kept enough separation between the battery and terminals that they needed a little nudge to pop back up to make contact with the battery contacts. 20 Years in IT, still check the connectors. Got to make sure its FULLY plugged in. Seen it 100 times.

0 Likes