Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiFi Home suddenly slowed way down
kburdett

We have had a MiFi home since December and have been using it to provide internet to our laptops and stream Netflix about 1 hour a night.  We had a 24G plan to start.  When Verizon brought the unlimited data plan back in February we jumped on that right away so we wouldn't even think about data anymore.  Our usage has gone up a little but nothing substantial.  We have never had an issue where our internet was slow or streaming was blurry or slow.  Our new billing period started 5/4 and about 1 week later we were informed via text we had hit out 10G limit and our speed was going to drop.  This had never happened before and I can assure you we go over 10G.  Sure enough we are now running at 3G and slow as molasses.  Streaming any video is like dealing with dial up.  Any thoughts why this happened out of no where, or do you think we were lucky and got by a few months under the radar somehow.  I don't think I can live with 3G its pretty bad. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MiFi Home suddenly slowed way down
mama23dogs

Wish you had read the FAQ or asked the forum.  The unlimited plan is full speed up to 10 gigs.  It seems it took a couple months for Verizon to get the throttling right.   If you can't put up with it, you need to go back to the other plan.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Having a reliable high-speed data connection is always a must, KMBottini. We always want your home data experience to be enjoyable. At the onset of our Unlimited Data plan internet only devices, like the MiFi, were always to have the expectation of 10GB of LTE data and unlimited 3G. Some customers were able to use more than 10GB of LTE data at no additional cost. Let’s take a closer look into your plan and make sure unlimited is right for you. Please respond to the private message I have sent you.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MELTABOMB

Same issue for me. This is crazy that I should go for a whole month with no issues and then no speed at all. Worst than that Tech support is no help and their version of customer services is " too bad that is just the way it is"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MELTABOMB, we definitely don't want you to have issues with your MiFi. We're here to help you. What specific issues are you having with your device. What plan are you on?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes