Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mifi 4620 & MiFi 6620
cindieu

I have two MiFi devices (4620 and 6620). With both, I am able to connect to most websites, EXCEPT for two I need to use on a daily basis. I've tried various troubleshooting and finally remembered my iPhone works as a hotspot. When I do that, I can connect to the sites. Unfortunately, this isn't an ideal fix for me. Does anyone know why the MiFi wouldn't work, but my phone would? Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mifi 4620 & MiFi 6620
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know the importance of connecting to all websites with your device cindieu. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues wtih two specific sites. What device are you using to view the interneat? Do you have any firewalls set up on that device to prevent access to those two sites.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cindieu

We are using a Mac, brand new, out of the box. No firewalls and no problems logging into any other sites. At the Apple store, we were able to log into the sites, too. As I said, we've also been able to log in using my phone as a hot spot. The two sites we're trying are secure sites and when using MiFi, they will not load, stating a server error. As an aside, I only get two bars coverage with the MiFi, based on our location.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for the information cindieu. I would reach out to your computers manfuacture for help or the admistrator of those sites. There may be a special setting you have to enable on your device to access those sites. I would still recommend checking the firewall settings because most Mac products ship with a built in firewall.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes