Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile Hotspot activation - ellipsis jetpack. receiving error message that the email address I am using is already taken.
eri999

Just purchased a Mobile Hotspot for occasional use at a vacation home.  It's a ellipsis jetpack.  Purchased at Walmart.  As I fill out the form for activation, I get an error message that says "that email address is already taken. please choose another." I have tried multiple email addresses of our family members.  I even created an entirely new gmail address. I keep getting this message.  Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot activation - ellipsis jetpack. receiving error message that the email address I am using is already taken.
MiiHere
Leader

Have you tried to factory reset it?

Verizon Ellipsis Jetpack | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot activation - ellipsis jetpack. receiving error message that the email address I am using is already taken.
eri999

No, I haven't.  I will try that.  Thank you.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

It's a shot in the dark, but since you haven't set it up, it can't hurt.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Reading your message again, are you activating it online or is this happening during the set up of the device?

0 Likes
M_Pathy

I had the same problem with my new Ellipsis. I spent more than an hour online with support. They helped me to activate (using one of many rejected email addresses), use phone support to make credit card payment, etc. The device would still not get my computer online.

Then somebody suggested "Turn it off and then back on again." This completely solved the problem. Once the device restarted, it got me online. I just wish I had tried this solution about an hour earlier than I did!

0 Likes