Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile Jetpack 5510L
workoutgirl

My employer gave me a MIFI Jetpack 5510L but I do not have wifi at home, I have DSL. How  will I connect to the company wifi with the Jetpack and DSL? They assured me that I could but I dont think so. Can I?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Mobile Jetpack 5510L
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> How  will I connect to the company wifi with the Jetpack and DSL?

You wont.  Either you connect to the Jetpack or you connect to your local DSL, you cant do both on the same machine (OK you can if you Ethernet cable connect one and wireless the other, but lets not go there).

> They assured me that I could but I dont think so. Can I?

My guess is that what your employer intended for you to do is to connect to the Jetpack instead of your DSL. If your employer wanted you to connect to your DSL over wireless then they would have assigned you a normal home router and not a VZW jetpack.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7e18n1

The Jetpack is a portable hot spot you can use to connect to the internet. Example, you take your laptop to McDonalds and connect to the internet using McDonalds Free Wi-Fi – with a Jetpack you don’t need the McDonalds to connect your laptop to the internet. Instead, you connect your laptop with Wi-Fi to the Jetpack to access the internet.

If you have DSL at home then a Jetpack is unnecessary. Perhaps your employer has something else in mind where you will need the Jetpack to access the internet when you are not at home.

If you can provide more information as to what you and your employer are trying to accomplish we can probably help.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> How  will I connect to the company wifi with the Jetpack and DSL?

You wont.  Either you connect to the Jetpack or you connect to your local DSL, you cant do both on the same machine (OK you can if you Ethernet cable connect one and wireless the other, but lets not go there).

> They assured me that I could but I dont think so. Can I?

My guess is that what your employer intended for you to do is to connect to the Jetpack instead of your DSL. If your employer wanted you to connect to your DSL over wireless then they would have assigned you a normal home router and not a VZW jetpack.

View solution in original post

0 Likes