Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My Jetpack only gets 1 or 2 bars in my house no matter what room im in or outside. A report into Verizon about poor cell signal on cell and Jetpack keeps leaving me hanging for an solution..
MsLori55

My Cell phone and Jetpack don't get good signals in my new house. I get 1 or 2 bars no matter what room im in or outside. I have a work order/call into Verizon on this issue for the 2nd time, with no answer or solution yet...

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: My Jetpack only gets 1 or 2 bars in my house no matter what room im in or outside. A report into Verizon about poor cell signal on cell and Jetpack keeps leaving me hanging for an solution..
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

www.speedtest.com is a great way to troubleshoot performance problems like this.  Take a sample in various locations around your home.  Then step outside that environment (outside, down the road, next town over, etc.) and continue to test to see if there is a problem in a certain area or if its everywhere.  This process is called performing a site survey.  When the problem follows you around to multiple locations that suggests a hardware defect on the Jetpack itself and not a service problem.

A great resource on how to site survey:

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

Sometimes performance problems can be fixed with simple reboots and resets of the Jetpack.  For example pressing the Restore Defaults button under the back cover or removing the SIM card for 60 seconds to flush the connection from the local towers.

View solution in original post

Re: My Jetpack only gets 1 or 2 bars in my house no matter what room im in or outside. A report into Verizon about poor cell signal on cell and Jetpack keeps leaving me hanging for an solution..
Weth
Sr. Leader

What speed do you get, that's what really matters.  LTE does great on 2 bars.  Focus on results.  Do you have speed and connection problems?  

John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

www.speedtest.com is a great way to troubleshoot performance problems like this.  Take a sample in various locations around your home.  Then step outside that environment (outside, down the road, next town over, etc.) and continue to test to see if there is a problem in a certain area or if its everywhere.  This process is called performing a site survey.  When the problem follows you around to multiple locations that suggests a hardware defect on the Jetpack itself and not a service problem.

A great resource on how to site survey:

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

Sometimes performance problems can be fixed with simple reboots and resets of the Jetpack.  For example pressing the Restore Defaults button under the back cover or removing the SIM card for 60 seconds to flush the connection from the local towers.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know your time is valuable and your service is important MsLori55. Let's get to the bottom of this and get this resolved once and for all. Please respond to my direct message so I may further assist. Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes