Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NETGEAR Orbi AX4200 5G WiFi 6 router (NBR570) disconnecting from Verizon wireless network
Gus2022

I recently bought a #NETGEAR AX4200 5G router after verifying with netgear and Verizon the device that isn’t sold by Verizon would work on the Verizon network. This was to replace an aging #T1114 novatel router. I received the device and called 611 to activate the new SIM and device on the old line. Verizon could not activate the SIM. After several days and multiple tickets with no resolution I went back to the store to have another SIM activated on the old device, then placed it in the new device. I was able to get the netgear to work but immediately the device began to disconnect from the network. After several more tickets and calls verified coverage was not an issue (tested and recreated the issue in the Verizon store with full bars of service) Verizon said that it was a network coverage issue and that all provisioning was verified and that the vzwinternet APN was correct. They suggested I contact netgear. I then requested a replacement and the issue followed to the new device. Netgear verified the router was not the issue. A third SIM was tried and the issue still occurred. I was able to move the third SIM back to the T1114 novatel router and the device works as expected and doesn’t disconnect. Can anyone with the Orbi 5G router NBR750 verify what provisioning and features are needed on the SIM and data account to make this device work? Are there any additional router settings that were required to work on the VZW network? I’m currently on the latest Pro data plan (100GB).

0 Likes
Re: NETGEAR Orbi AX4200 5G WiFi 6 router (NBR570) disconnecting from Verizon wireless network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, Gus2022! Thank you for letting us know that you are having trouble with a router that you purchased privately. While the support we offer on third party equipment is limited, we will do everything possible to assist. Since the old router works when the SIM is switched, that confirms that the network is working, otherwise the old device would encounter issues as well. Let's get account access ready, we will send you a Private Note in a minute to proceed.

-Gina

0 Likes
Re: NETGEAR Orbi AX4200 5G WiFi 6 router (NBR570) disconnecting from Verizon wireless network
Gus2022

Gina, the old device doesn’t have the same modem and is not 5G capable. 5G capable devices require different provisioning and features in order for the device to work correctly. I have yet to have Verizon verify that since the Orbi device didn’t go through the standard internal device certification and doesn’t have the usual automated provisioning built that the only device that is sold by Verizon (5G internet gateway) IMEI was used to get the correct provisioning and features set pushed to the SIM that is being used in the Orbi 5G router. Or to verify that this device model that is already being used in the Verizon network matches what is sit-up on my account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We truly want to help you. I do see that we did send you a private message. Please meet us there so we can assist you further. 

-Amber

0 Likes
Gus2022

Amber @vzw_customer_support the link you sent me doesn’t work…just like Verizon network in the Netgear device I purchased because Verizon doesn’t sell a product that matches it. It’s been three weeks and I haven’t gotten any results from multiple tier 2 reps, hours of calls and several network tickets. Am I the only customer that has this device on the entire Verizon network?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Gus, I'm really sorry to hear about this bad experience. I will send you a private note to provide you a personalized experience, and check your case closer. 

>Alex

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Will you clear cache and cookies then try the link again?

*Harley

0 Likes
Gus2022

@Verizon I still haven’t gotten a resolution to my issue. The tech on 8/8 opened a new network case. Can you please provide an update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Gus2022,

I'll be sending you a Private Note. Please respond within the new chat window so we can look into this further. 

-Ryan

0 Likes
Gus2022

@vzw_customer_support @The issue is still occurring. You opened a NBR ticket the other day but I haven’t received any updates.

0 Likes