Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Need a list of websites/apps using data
Beckyb_

I was wondering if I could get a breakdown of the websites/apps using my wifi data. Specific. Had 75% of my data used in first 5 days of cycle and I have no idea how. That has never happened.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Need a list of websites/apps using data
John_Getzke
Community Leader
Community Leader

> I was wondering if I could get a breakdown of the websites/apps using my wifi data.

No.  There is no itemized tracking available from Verizon at the moment.  All you can request is a data usage log with summary information broken down by various sessions.

To see individual transactions or more granular information you need to setup and maintain your own monitor.  Monitors are built into some devices like phones and tablets, but hardly every on PCs.  Monitors can only show you what has been flowing through them so they don't do you any good for finding history before they were turned on. For this reason it is important to find monitors and place them in locations where they can capture the traffic you want.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

There are many apps for phones, including the built in data use screen in settings that can tell you what used mobile data and wifi.  If you are using a JetPack or MiFi, there are ways to tell what is using Mobile Data.  What device are you using and are you speaking to WIFI or Mobile Data?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Community Leader
Community Leader

> I was wondering if I could get a breakdown of the websites/apps using my wifi data.

No.  There is no itemized tracking available from Verizon at the moment.  All you can request is a data usage log with summary information broken down by various sessions.

To see individual transactions or more granular information you need to setup and maintain your own monitor.  Monitors are built into some devices like phones and tablets, but hardly every on PCs.  Monitors can only show you what has been flowing through them so they don't do you any good for finding history before they were turned on. For this reason it is important to find monitors and place them in locations where they can capture the traffic you want.

0 Likes