Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Network Extender or Signal Booster
srwalker

Evening,

I have a Pantech UML290, and have never had an issue, and has always been at 4 or 5 bars (signal strength).  Recently a small private airport 5-8 miles from me built a huge tower that has been interfering with all cell towers, and my signal strength has now been toggling between 1 and 2 bars.  I am trying to figure out will a signal booster help or a network extender.  If so, which would be best and also what brand or make/model?

Thank you,

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender or Signal Booster
Ann154
Expert
Expert

That's a USB modem. A network extender won't help you as you need a landline based broadband Internet service for the extender to function correctly. You should look at a Wilson booster/repeater or something similar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
srwalker

Thank you!

0 Likes
RALHUN53

Verizon just sent me a Signal Extender.  As it loads it stops at 11b (of 14) and the blue light blinks.  What is wrong?  No GPS signal?  How do I solve that?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

See the User Guide page 8:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/samsung-network-extender-2-user-guide.pdf

According to the flow chart step 11a is referring to a download of software and configuration info from Verizon and the initial management server.  On page 9 we see that step 11b is related to connecting to the serving management server.

That means or suggests that something with the device connecting to Verizon went wrong.  This may have something to do with the incoming internet connection you are providing the device and the sites and services they are allowing you to connect to.  The problem may resolve itself automatically over time.

The best thing you can do in this scenario is to attempt to reset the device and hope that it can connect better on its next attempt.  Reset steps can be found on page 16 of the User Guide.

If that doesn't work then try booting up the device on an alternative ISP if you have access to one.  For example a friend or a neighbors.  If the device can get past step 11 and catch up on updates then it may be able to skip that step when you bring it back home to your normal environment.

If that doesn't work then contact VZW for warranty support.

If you would like further troubleshooting then please start your own thread as the problem you provided is not related to the original poster.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

RALHUN53, I am sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your network extender. I am here to assist. What make and model Network Extender do you have? What kind of internet connection are you using?  

Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes