Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OS X 10.11 El Capitan VZ Access Manager 4G LTE USB551L
ajaymatrix

Recently upgraded to OS X 10.11 El Capitan from Yosemite  and the VZ access manager has stopped working for my 4G LTE USB551L device.

It is not able to detect the USB device when you press Detect Devices button .

The error I can see from the console logs is this :

10/13/15 8:09:29.539 AM VDCAssistant[42974]: VDCAssistant:  Found a camera (0x142000001410b001) , but was not able to start it up (0x0 -- (os/kern) successful)

10/13/15 8:09:29.539 AM VDCAssistant[42974]: VDCAssistant:  Found a camera (0x142000001410b001) , but was not able to start it up (0x0 -- (os/kern) successful)

Any help regarding this is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: OS X 10.11 El Capitan VZ Access Manager 4G LTE USB551L
VZUser2015

Recently upgraded to OS X 10.11 El Capitan from Yosemite  and the VZ access manager has stopped working for my 4G LTE USB551L device.

It is not able to detect the USB device when you press Detect Devices button .

Same problem here, Verizon has not developed the El Capitan OS 10.11 update yet for VZ Manager, the highest OS they currently support is Mavericks OSX 10.9. So my USB 551L is not being detected even though the OS sees it fine.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Vzaccessmanager,

We regret to hear that you’re having this issue with the USB modem. Help is our middle name & you've come to the right place. Did this problem happen immediately after you did the upgrade to your computer? Have you contacted your computer manufacturer to see what they can do or why this is not recognizing our device? Are you able to use the USB modem with other computers models just fine?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAD4

Ditto.

Running

Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Been using the "uml290 stick" for a year or more,no problems.

Just upgraded to 10.11 and now VZAm will not recognize the pan tech uml290vw.

Verizon response not that helpful so far. Is there an upgrade in the works?

0 Likes
ajaymatrix

Did this problem happen immediately after you did the upgrade to your computer?

Yes

Have you contacted your computer manufacturer to see what they can do or why this is not recognizing our device?

Don't think Apple will provide support for individual devices. Verizon has to provide an updated driver for OS X 10.11 version. Please refer to JAD4 who is facing the same problem.

Are you able to use the USB modem with other computers models just fine?

Yes. I am able to connect successfully from Windows 7 which means that the device is just working fine, but the latest drivers for Mac OS X 10.11 version is missing.

If you have any other questions please let me know. Hoping to get this resolved fast. !

0 Likes
milli2nds

I have the same issue.

0 Likes
dreamart

I have the same issue with my macbook pro. 

0 Likes
metroben

I am experiencing the same issue.

0 Likes
3rictorres

Same issue here.  Unable to detect.  Hotspot from phone works. USB works on other devices, just not a mac running El Capitan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi dreamart!

Let's see what we can do to get these connected. I do have an idea for you. Please download and install the newest Mac OS 10.6.x software for your device from here and try again  http://www.sendspace.com/file/hf2rux

Let me know if this helps, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
3rictorres

We're on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.  That is the latest.