Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Out of Contract Table Disconnection Procedure/Fee
jw1743

Does anyone know the procedure/cost for disconnecting a tablet line?  I'm not in contract, however the Ellipsis tablet was "free" when I upgraded 2 phones. The only option I see online is to temporarily suspend service 9which I did) and I just rec'd a notice that the service will be reconnected shortly.  I no longer want to pay the monthly service fee.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Out of Contract Table Disconnection Procedure/Fee
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jw1743,

We don't want to see you lose out on having your tablet connected to the network you have come to enjoy. Is there something going on with the tablet that prompted you to want to suspend it?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

IF you got it "free" then it very likely came with 2 year contract. Nothing is truly "free". The termination fee is $175, and starts going down slowly after month 7.  Your suspension time does not count toward the time since it must be paid months. 

jw1743

WOW... didn't realize that.  Guess I didn't read the after-sale fine print as closely as I should.  I figured since I opted to pay monthly for the phones then all "contract" terms that lock you in would be avoided... Of course this was not shared by the Sales personnel pushing the not-so-free item.

Thanks @Weth

0 Likes
jw1743

Since I now have your residential Triple Play, I figured paying an extra monthly connection fee is pointless & costly.  The tablet is used mainly @ home where WiFi is sufficient.

Does this mean that the period of suspension (3mths) will now be added on to the original 24mths (expires 12/2016) that I'm responsible for paying?

0 Likes