Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PC Desktop Computer with LTE/Cellular Coverage
OceanView99

We are moving 10 miles south to a wonderful area on the Central Coast that has spectacular scenery and quality of life,  but no Cable or DSL service.  However, it does have Verizon 4G Cellular coverage.  (We are current Verizon customers.)

I'm in my 60's and prefer traditional Desktop PC's to laptops,  especially because my eyesight is not great,  and my fingers don't works as well as they used to.  I have trouble with the mouse and keyboards on laptops.

Can anybody recommend a Desktop PC that will work with LTE/Cellular?

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

0 Likes
Re: PC Desktop Computer with LTE/Cellular Coverage
Tigerstep

Build one with onboard bluetooth/wifi on the motherboard.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Why would they have to build one?  My friend way out has no cable lines and Hughes net was horrible.  She got something from verizon that is a mobile hot spot I guess, mifi?.  They can take it with them in the camper when they travel.  No clue how much data she gets or pays for every month.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Wifi isn't something that's common for a desktop and prebuilt ones have cheap parts. Alternatively you could also just buy a usb wifi adapter.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

I see.  Probsbly easiest to get a card or adapter.  So does the wifi in the computer connect to the 4g of the cell?  Seems if you only have a few gigs of 4g or no truly unlimited data you wouldn't want to stream or download a lot.  We have cable in the house.  Our verizon phones we pay $50 a phone for data with no cap and unlimited mobile hot spot plus unlimted calling and texting.  Also get unlimited calling and texting in Canada and before the pandemic were over there a lot and didn't have to worry if we were to break down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It sounds like you are moving to paradise, OceanView99. We want you to stay connected to the world. While we do not have any Desktop computers, we have several tablets and laptops available. Please visit this link (https://www.verizon.com/tablets/) to review our current options.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes