Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pantech UML295 NOT HOTSPOT
Carrickp

I'm using this USB modem on my MacBook Pro when I travel to avoid slow hotel wi-fi. This month I ran out of 4G data. It says I'm limited to a certain amount of data when using the device as a mobile hotspot, and I reached that. BUT I'm not using it as a hotspot -- merely as a means to access the internet from the lap top. How can I make the darn thing stop being a hotspot? I tried to ask a guy at the local Verizon store and he thought I was speaking Sanscrit. And of course you can't actually talk to a human at Verizon. Yes I've turned off hotspot in every place I can find to do it.

0 Likes
Re: Pantech UML295 NOT HOTSPOT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand that being informed your USB Modem is using data through hotspot can cause concern especially because you're reaching the limit of your data allowance and you wish to have great speeds while traveling. We will be glad to assist you. Please tell us, what devices are connecting to your modem via hotspot? Are you able to access your data from your MacBook Pro while the USB Modem is connected?

Also, the following link will provide you with this device's User Manual. http://spr.ly/6605Em6rL

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes