Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Problems with Wireless Home Phone functioning only intermittently
joebftzpk2

I had the old 'black box' Wireless Home Phone (I think it is a T2000?) for my 99-year-old father in a nursing home. It worked for a couple of years then started intermittently malfunctioning - wouldn't call out, wouldn't receive calls, but could reset it by turning off and unplugging power cord, then turning on and plugging back in.  Then it got to where when I reset it, it would only be good for about 5 minutes. So, I got the new WHPLVP2 - seems to be about the same as the old one, just a bigger box and it is white.  Anyway, the same thing happens with this one - but ONLY in the nursing home. I bring it to my house and plug it in - works fine. So there seems to be some type of interference in the nursing home itself. It gets 4 bars, so signal is fine. I hate that I paid for a new WHP and re-upped the plan for 2 years, and it doesn't work for what I need it to do. Anyone else have a similar problem? Is there any way to shield it from whatever interference there is without also blocking the signal? This is my dad's only contact with the outside world, what with all the covid restrictions.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Wireless Home Phone functioning only intermittently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Joebftzpk2, making sure my dads home phone connect is working properly is crucial. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me what zip code is your father  in? -Rodney

0 Likes