Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Range Extender Problems
Lorenb69

My range extender ceased functioning. Top and bottom lights are solid blue. The middle lights are slow flashing red. My phone says there is no mobile service available. I have restarted it 3 times and it still doesn't work. I called Verizon and was told that a representative would call me on my landline. No call yet. Maybe they aren't working either. Does anyone have any ideas? I am in a marginal reception area and have no cell signal.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Range Extender Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Lorenb69,

I know how important it is to stay connected. After all, we use our phones for everything these days. Let's make sure we get your extender up and running. How long has this been going on? Are you having any troubles with your home internet? Is the extender connected to your home router? Have you also attempted to reset your home internet? Are you utlizing the GPS antenna that came with the device and would it be in a open location for signal?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lorenb69

Adam,

This happened yesterday after working OK for about a year in it’s present position.

Internet is working fine. Modem has been restarted twice. Range Extender has been

restarted 5 or 6 times. I am not sure where the GPS antenna is as there is nothing

labeled as such. The Range Extender is sitting about 12 inches from a window and is

connected to the router. I have no cellular service at this time not even outside in my

yard. Paying Verizon $185 a month for marginal service is ridiculous. I wonder if another

company could give me better service?

Loren

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Lorenb69, getting your Network Extender up and running is a must. We would never want, you are our priority. Allow the opportunity to resolve the issue. Restarting the device is a great route to start but what is also important is restarting the high speed interent as well as it drives the usage. Have you tried this step? Also, when you do power cycle the Network Extender, you should allow a full hour to ensure the connection is solid.
NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes