Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Router LTE Internet WI FI not connecting with wi fi televisions.
Raymoore

Router LTE Internet WI FI not connecting with WI FI televisons.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Router LTE Internet WI FI not connecting with wi fi televisions.
Raymoore

IMG

The SSID happens to be TNCAP433865. It was finally determined that the Smart TV was looking for the router's WPA2 key to be entered that are located on the back of the router.

Secondly the WPA2 key letters turned out to be case sensitive. After all this was resolved the TV's came on line.

Thank you;

View solution in original post

John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Please elaborate on what your problem is.  For example are you seeing any kind or error messages or is the network name not appearing on the device to begin with?

The best steps to try for a wifi connection problem is to delete the wireless profile you created on that device (the TV) and start over again.  Chances are you entered the wifi password incorrectly and need to start over from scratch.

0 Likes
Raymoore

IMG

When attempting to access Netflix the message is "your Neo TV Player is not connected to the internet". Going through the drill of attempting to connect to the router "TNCAP433865" via passwords from the rear of the router and attempting the WPS key all result in a failed connection. This occurs on both wi fi ready televisions.

0 Likes
blake1988

What's something good to hook up to the smart tv so I can get netflix

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> "TNCAP433865"

Is this the SSID of the Verizon Router you are using?  If so that is an odd name, normally Verizon SSIDs are a little more descriptive than a serial number or whatever that is. Perhaps you are connecting to the wrong SSID?  I don't have a Verizon Router to compare with.

Sign back into the router and confirm the SSID and the WiFi password.  Select the correct SSID from the list of available SSIDs and enter the correct password.  That should be all you have to do.

WPS is an automatic connection technology.  Sometimes you need to type in a small PIN number to complete the authentication.  If a PIN is necessary it should be posted on the router itself.  I personally don't use WPS as its is flakey and generally a security vulnerability.  I normally disable that feature on my home equipment.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> What's something good to hook up to the smart tv so I can get Netflix

Internet?  I don't understand your question.  Smart TVs need an internet connection from one source or another.  Normally your choices are Etherent cable or WiFi.  Where your TV connects to for its internet is entirely up to you but if you want Netflix you are going to want a connection that is at least 5 Mbps.  I know Netflix has broadband requirements posted somewhere that would be a more official answer.

If you are planning to use VZW as that internet connection then I highly advise you pay close attention to your data usage while you watch Netflix.  It is very easy to consume massive amounts of data while streaming video, audio and large updates.

0 Likes
blake1988

I bought a smart tv yesterday and I'm looking to get a WiFi box or

something for my TV so I can hook up to Netflix

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Wouldn't your SmartTV have the ability to download the Netflix app?

0 Likes
blake1988

I've got the app already but my TV don't have Internet and I tried to use

the hot spot on my phone but want work

0 Likes
Raymoore

IMG

The SSID happens to be TNCAP433865. It was finally determined that the Smart TV was looking for the router's WPA2 key to be entered that are located on the back of the router.

Secondly the WPA2 key letters turned out to be case sensitive. After all this was resolved the TV's came on line.

Thank you;