Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung sch-u370 Backup Assistant help?
jawayb

I am trying to do a backup using the backup assistant for basic phone. It shows up on my phone but when I press it nothing happens. It won't download or anything.

I am trying to get some help to figure out how to backup my contacts, etc so I can activate a new phone. I had backup assistant in the past and do not understand why it won't activate.

Samsung sch-u370

It is also frustrating that Verizon thinks their pants are so big that they can't have a straight up help from actual employees. I spent over 40 minutes rambling around the site trying to find information and it kept taking me back to the same crap which wasn't helping me in the first place.

I just want to back up my damn phone and move forward and can't get any help from the company that I am paying for the service to do so...we have to go to a discussion board and 'wait' for someone else who is paying Verizon for their service to help out. That is so pathetic.

Can someone please let me know if I am screwed here and won't be able to backup my contacts and stuff to switch to a new phone!

Thanks...

jwaybright

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Samsung sch-u370 Backup Assistant help?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for the additional details jawayb! If you click restore then the contacts from Sept will be added to your device, which I'm assuming you do not want. To fix this, simply cancel your backup assistant subscription on your Brightside. Once you have done so on the device then reboot the device and re-subscribe to backup assistant. This wil give you the option to set it up like a new user. Assuming that the Brightside has the most up to dat contacts then you want to select backup. Once you have done so, please check the website for the updated contacts and keep us posted.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jawayb,

We're here to assist. I understand the importance of backing up your contacts properly.  You're not receiving any type of error message?  Have you ever disabled Mobile Data on your basic line before?  That could prevent us from downloading and backing up your contacts.  Please share some further details.

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
jawayb

I was finally able to get my way into the website...don't ask how because I don't know...clicked a million different times and ended up there. Rediculous that one has to go through all this crap to get a simple thing done. If you don't have a smart phone you are screwed...just totally sucks since we pay for our service too!

I found that the backup assistant had not done a back up on my phone since september. I got frustrated and my son told me to just take it to Target and have them do it which I did. Its done

Now the NEW problem. I've activated my new phone (sch-u380) and want to activate the backup assistant on there. However when I click through it says do you want to restore? All the contacts were moved from my old phone to my new phone. I don't know if it will restore using the website information which is not up to date!?

Please advise how I should go about this and make sure that if i complete the install on the new phone that it doesn't use information that is out of date.

thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm glad to read that you were able to access the website. May I ask did you try to uninstall or cancel backup assistant and re-subscribe? If not then please do so, retest, and keep us posted.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
DeRavenSey

I may be having a similar problem with my Samsung Brightside.   I changed my mobile number in 2013 but then my backup assistant didn't change with the new number.   My backup assistant thinks I still have the old number which is no longer in service.   My phone says I need to delete backup assistant and re-install it, and I can't find out how to do either of those things.  Can someone help?

0 Likes
jawayb

It great to be able to access the website yes...but it was not easy and I couldn't tell you how it did it because there is NO DIRECT PATH to get there!!

I have switched over to my new phone...I had to go to TARGET and have the Verizon kiosk person do the contacts transfer. What good is having the back up assistant if you still have to go and have someone else do it?

Now...on the new phone Brightside (Sch-u380) I have back up assistant and I can open it one this phone...but when I follow the prompts it says "RESTORE" so I cancel before I go there because the website has my contacts as of Sept. 2014 since it has not updated...if I click RESTORE then its going to put me back there, correct?

How do I get the website current and then be able to 'ACTUALLY' back up the phone information? And how do I get to my backup assistant page w/o going through hoops to get there?

thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for the additional details jawayb! If you click restore then the contacts from Sept will be added to your device, which I'm assuming you do not want. To fix this, simply cancel your backup assistant subscription on your Brightside. Once you have done so on the device then reboot the device and re-subscribe to backup assistant. This wil give you the option to set it up like a new user. Assuming that the Brightside has the most up to dat contacts then you want to select backup. Once you have done so, please check the website for the updated contacts and keep us posted.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
castaldi

Thank you for your help

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
DeRavenSey

I'm glad jawayb got his problem solved (with some luck involved), but I still can't find the website to be able to remove my backup assistant and re-install it.    So does Verizon have an answer for me?

My phone is Samsung Brightside SCH-380 instead of 370 model, but I doubt that makes much difference.

0 Likes
jawayb

(SHE btw) There was ALL luck involved...believe me!

Go to the Verizon wireless website for the backup assistant troubleshooting questions (which really don't do a dang thing).

Try this My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless  click on that link - it should take you to your sign in page...enter your info and the cloud page should come up. On the left side are buttons HOME, CONTACTS, etc....that you click on to get to your list.

I hope this works for you. Once I found it I saved it as a shortcut on my desktop. I have the 380 as well...hard to get used to this touch screen though...my 370 let me use my fingernails this one doesn't.

Does anyone know if you can change the sensitivity to allow it to let you use fingernails instead...LOL!

0 Likes