Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Screen Locked
TinaK17

My son put a lock on his screen on the Ellipses 8. He doesn't remember the pattern that he put in. I tried the forgot pattern and that keeps saying in correct. Is there another way to unlock it? We are up to 9 trys. I don't want his tablet to be wiped because he forgot it. Please help..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Screen Locked
MiiHere
Leader

I'm not positive, but after the last try it may ask you to verify via your g-mail account. There isn't anything else that can be done other than to remember the password or see what happens and hope there is one last effort to figure it out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

TinaK17,

Oh boy, with so many passwords these days it can be hard to remember. There is a work around that you and your son can try if he has a Gmail account sent up on the tablet and can remember that password. On the computer go to play.google.com. Sign in with the Gmail email address and password that is set up on the tablet.  In the upper right hand corner, select the gear, and click on Android Device Manager. Make sure the tablet is listed and you will see an option for lock.  This will allow you to select a new password for the tablet to unlock it.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to ensure your son's device is able to be unlocked and utilized. Instead of "Forgot Pattern" is there a "Forgot Password"? Typically once iniating this request an option to enter the g-mail information is requested.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TinaK17

There was only a forgot pattern option. Then it came up with a spot to put my email and password in but it wasn't excepting it. 

Unfortunately his tablet was reset but I'll have to remember these options for next time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Understood. Terribly sorry to hear that the device had to be reset. If any future questions arise please let us know.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes