Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Stream TV system update "blocked" when running on 5G
NATALD79

Trying to apply an update to a second generation Verizon Stream TV box. Using Verizon 5G home Internet as a provider. Problem is, the TV box will not update because it can't get through to the update server. Says it couldn't download the update. First, why would Verizon block its own equipment from updating? Second, I previously updated the same box using another ISP and it worked, which is weird. Third, is there a way to download the update manually and then apply it? Any help fixing this issue would be much appreciated. I've tried resetting the box in the event of a corrupted setting, but that's not it as the issue still persists.

0 Likes
Re: Stream TV system update "blocked" when running on 5G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you so much for bringing this network issue to us, that's definitely not the way we want you to feel about us. We appreciate your feedback and will be happy to help with your Verizon service. Please PM me, so we can address all your concerns.

>Manuel

0 Likes
Re: Stream TV system update "blocked" when running on 5G
NATALD79

Hi, Manny:

I actually did a little bit of debugging while waiting for a response. It turns out that the update server does not work over the older IPv4, as I had turned off IPv6 in an effort to troubleshoot problems with streaming apps. The  whole thing was and still is kind of weird. Given what my experience has been so far with the box. it would only make sense for Verizon to contact the original hardware vendor and report an issue.

0 Likes