Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
T2000 Calling Number Delivery
ANDBIR8

My old Verizon Home Phone delivered Caller ID information, via the Bellcore standard protocol for Calling Number Delivery, to the attached telephone device (aka CPE), which in my case is a combination phone/answering machine that is configured to announce the calling number audibly.  My new T2000 claims to support Caller ID, but it appears only to display the calling number on the little LCD on the box; it does not appear to pass this information to the attached phone (which is obviously problematic in that without the downstream audible announcement of the calling number, I am unable to screen my calls without going to the device to inspect the screen.)  Is my T2000 broken, or is this an actual deficiency in the design or implementation of this gadget? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: T2000 Calling Number Delivery
ANDBIR8

For what it's worth, my old Verizon Home Phone was a Hauwei FT2260VW.  We went to the Verizon store and had them re-associate it with my home number on Sunday.  After connecting it to my phone and activating it, I tried a test call; the phone announced the calling number perfectly.  I will probably sell the T2000 on eBay or something; even though the T2000 supports fax, which is the main reason I bought it, that's much less important to me than the Calling Number Delivery to my attached CPE.  (Unless of course someone from Verizon states definitively that the fact that my T2000 doesn't support Calling Number Delivery, aka Caller ID, is a warranty problem or a bug that will be patched shortly, in which case I would try to replace it or wait for the next release before ditching the T2000, respectively.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ANDBIR8,

Being able to screen your calls as they come in is extremely important. We don't want you to have to get rid of the home phone unit you have in order to be able to do so. We checked to see if the T2000 was compatible with caller ID and found that it is, so let's try a few things. Please confirm the current software version the device has. To do this, press the Menu button on the display and swipe left to the third panel. Provide us with the SW number listed.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANDBIR8

Sorry, I haven't looked at this in a while -- we reactivated our old gadget and tossed the new one into a drawer.  I just powered the new one up and looked at the menus; the device says "SW: 1.3.4.001".  I seem to recall it updated its firmware shortly after I bought it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ANDBIR8, it is completely okay, and I am glad you were able to provide us with the software version that your T2000 has at the moment. I have reviewed the current software and I can see that latest version is 1.4.9.001. The good news is that this particular update will provide the Caller Name ID feature and other great improvements. In order to receive the latest software update for this device, you will need to reactivate it on your account as it will need to be connected to the Verizon network.

Please click on the following link which will provide you with more information on the latest software: http://spr.ly/6585Db6SN

The next link which is the PDF user guide on page 7 will provide you with the steps on how to update your software. Once the device is activated the update will be pushed automatically: http://spr.ly/6586Db6S4

I hope this is beneficial!

Kevin_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANDBIR58

With the decommissioning of the 3G network I(*) finally had to reactivate this T2000 gadget.  After a very helpful call with the support folks, I was able to get it activated and the software updated to what appears to be the latest, System Update 4 (software version 1.5.8.001), which claims to address an issue "that prevented the Caller ID from being displayed on some Caller ID boxes".  I was very hopeful, but alas, it turns out that this was not the fix that I needed.  My connected home phone still does not detect any Bellcore standard Calling Number Delivery codes from the T2000, even though the T2000 itself displays the caller's number on its LCD screen.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there some magic "##" code that I need to enter in order to enable this feature??

(*) For some reason I was unable to reconnect to my old Community ID and forced by the system to create a new ID. 

0 Likes