Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T2000 Wireless Home Phone Security Alarm Configuration
mikemurph

I am trying to connect the T2000 to a DSC Alexor Security Panel.  It is setup the same way as the prior phone and not working.  Has anyone successfully setup the T2000 with a standard home security system?  I see a port listed Alarm and instructions say it is a feature coming.  I am trying to get from Verizon support if this is coming soon with instructions. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: T2000 Wireless Home Phone Security Alarm Configuration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mikemurph, I'm glad to see that you are integrating your Verizon accessories to enrich your home security. I will be glad to provide clarity with the compatibility of your equipment. What happened when you previously set up your equipment?  For clarity, I am able to confirm that the DSC Power 1616 is compatible with the T2000 Wireless Home Phone, but this will require a CAT 5e or higher cable via the Alarm port. We also recommend contacting your alarm company and conducting a test to ensure that the system is working properly.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikemurph

I was able to get working, but had to use SIA format vs Contact ID format.  This is an older format for sending alarm codes to a central station.  It would be useful for Verizon to investigate with Alarm partners how to get the newer DTMF Contact ID format working.

0 Likes
MICMUN75

Any ideas on how to get working with a Honeywell Lynx L5000 alarm system?  Similar to mikemurph, I moved from a Cable VOIP provider to this solution and the dialer is now unable to connect with security central via the VZW T2000.  Assuming SIA vs. Contact ID Format is on the security system's panel (Lynx L5000) in my case? 

0 Likes
deloused

Those won't work together. The L5000 requires a wired internet service to operate, like Cable/DSL. Newer alarm systems, such as the L5100 have the technology to use wireless internet services like Verizon's T2000

0 Likes
CVANDEN87

Will the t2000 work on a dsc power 1832? 

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The Wireless Home Phone device has simple installation instructions and works with

existing home phones, corded or cordless (not available with rotary phones). What type of device is the DSK Power 1832? 

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes