Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T2000 home phone stopped working
AK6DN

So I have had a T2000 for a couple years now, and just recently when I upgraded my last 3G cell phone to a 4G model, and changed my service plans from Go/BeyondUnlimited to Start/PlayMore my T2000 stopped being able to make or receive calls. It was fine prior to Sep 10th when I changed plans.

The light on the T2000 box cycles to steady blue indicating network connection, but any outbound call gets an immediate busy signal. All incoming calls to the number attempt to go direct to voicemail. I made a support call and was on with tier1/2/3 reps for 90min, doing all kinds of power cycles, resets, etc all to no avail. They finally decided to send a new SIM card. I iinstalled it and it makes no difference. Call behavior is the same. The T2000 box has now forgot its phone number (shows 'Unknown').

So now my T2000 line is completely dead. I had to forward it to my cell to be able to receive calls at that number. Outgoing calls are not possible from my land line.

So how to resolve this? As I said it worked perfectly until I changed plans on my three other cell phone lines. I get 4 bars of LTE signal. Attached phone is fine. T2000 box went bad? Seems like too much of a coincidence to me. Tier 3 support was getting some error at their end.

How to resolve this? I don't think calling support for another 90min session will be productive.

0 Likes
Re: T2000 home phone stopped working
gtrom

I had the same problem,took it to a verizon store the person replaced the sim card said that is usually the problem,it has been working fine.I ask if the unit was bad would they replace it ? he said I would have to buy a new one.that part dosen't seem right.but at any rate changing the card worked on mine

0 Likes
AK6DN

Yup, already done that once. It came with the original SIM card which it had until the T2000 stopped working. Then support could not come up with any solution, so they said 'change the sim card' (seems to be the microsoft equivalent of 'reinstall your os'). So they sent me a new SIM card.

Nothing changed (in fact it basically got worse, since the T2000 forgot my phone number when I put the new SIM card in).

So changing the SIM did not fix it. Full power cycle (ie, pull battery) does not fix it. Hardware factory reset does not fix it.

It connects to the network OK (ie, panel light goes to solid blue) just phone calls don't go through.

I refuse too believe the unit went bad coincidentally when I happend to change service plans. Exact same day it happened.

0 Likes
AK6DN

And by the way, what is the nexgen upgrade/replacement to the T2000? Is there one? I can't find it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello AK6DN, we're concerned to learn about your T2000, and we're here to help. If the phone number shows 'Unknown' that means that the new SIM card has not been programmed. Did you do the factory reset before or after you got the new SIM card?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ak6dn, thanks so much for confirming those details for me. Please confirm for me did you speak with someone on activating the Sim card when you received it?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
AK6DN

Both, basically. I have done a factory reset with the old/original SIM card installed. And have since done a factory reset after having installed the newly supplied SIM card. No change in behavior.

0 Likes
AK6DN

After receiving the new SIM card I have not spoken to anyone in support (only thru here). My last instructions were when the new SIM card arrived, just power off the T2000 unit, remove the old SIM, insert the new SIM, and power up the unit, and since it is 4G LTE, it would auto activate itself.

So the unit does power up to a steady blue light (indicating network connection OK). I get 4 bars of LTE signal in my location; signal strength has never been an issue. After install of the new SIM I did do the factory reset sequence, but there was not change in behavior. All calls out to any number go immediately to busy.

For now I have forwarded incoming calls to another of my cell lines.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for your reply, AK6DN. Can you please check and provide what software version is on the device? To learn how visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216385/

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
AK6DN

I get the following on my T2000 version screen:

SW 1.5.8.001
SDM F15.NVT.T2000.0

Don
AK6DN

0 Likes