Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T2000 phone link
knotdust

recently upgraded from 3G to 4G service on my home phone with the new T2000 link.  I can't dial out, just gives me a busy signal.  I can immediately call the same number from my cell phone and get right through.  If I call in from any other phone the call gets dropped.  I have gone the chat route, and followed the trouble shooting guide numerous times but still no service.  I have 5 bars so it should have enough service.  Periodically the link goes into its setup mode all on its own.  It also takes forever to come back to make another call.  The old 3G link was instant.  I even went and found another working phone to see if my old phone was not functioning for some reason.  Same problem.  Think I will call the tech support number and talk to a warm body and see if we can get somewhere.  Anyone else have this issue.

0 Likes
Re: T2000 phone link
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

knotdust, we want to make sure your device works for you. How long have you had this device? When did this issue begin?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
knotdust

less than a month.(May 13.    I have gone through chat and verbal tech support and still nothing.  I get nothing but a busy signal if I try to dial out and very few calls coming in.  If I dial the number I just I get a dropped call or a message that their is no voice mail box set up.  I have set up a voice mail on the home phone.  When trying to use the phone it just puts it through a set up mode where you see a Hello screen and a group of cycling lights for a few minutes.  Tech support has run me through the re-set process numerous times and can't seem to get to the bottom of the problem.  Occassionally a call will slip through (usually a tele-marketing call)  Meanwhile I have no service on that line to my phone link.  I went and purchased and picked up another cordless phone to see if maybe it was my phone but the problem remains.  I am at the point of taking it back to the Verizon store to see if they can help.  I had sporadic service to start then it went downhill from there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

knotdust, I certainly appreciate you trying some different troubleshooting steps. We definitely want to see what's happening with your Wireless Home Phone so that it can be working properly and you don't miss any calls to your home. Can you share with me the city and state where you're using the device? If possible, the nearest intersection as well. I want to check out the network in the area, and see if there any known issues at the moment.

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
knotdust

I have dial tone once in a while.  If I try calling out though I get nothing but a busy signal.  Very few calls in sporadically.  Usually a hang up or a tele-marketer. If I try calling in from another phone or have someone call me it either doesn't ring through or you get the message that the phone doesn't have a mailbox set up.  It should ring through to my home phone which  has a voice mail answer and mailbox.  I am beginning to think I was up sold a 4G link which may not have the full coverage my old 3G link had.  I never had any issues with that.  My Ellipsis Jet pack and cell phone work just fine in the same house.  That's what make me think it is a Verizon issue.  I can get 3-5 bars of service with the T2000 link but it just won't latch on.  My address is Orrville OH  but I have been told that I may be pulling my service from the State Route 21 corridor between Akron & Canton OH.   

0 Likes
knotdust

took it to a different place to try on a different phone.  Same problems.  I have dial tone and called my cell phone number and it dropped the call.  When I check my cell phone there is a dropped call from that number.  I had 5 bars on the graph so I know I am getting good reception.  

It goes back to the Verizon store in the morning to see if they can figure it out.  If they can't I'm going to see if they can bump me back to 3G service for the time being.  I'll move up to 4G when they can get it up with a more solid connection.  I just can't have that phone number out of service for this length of time.    

It is either the 4G service or the actual link has a malfunction.

0 Likes
knotdust

got tired of trying to get answers from tech support.  All they would do is just walk me through the re-set procedure.  Calls outgoing were non-existant, you would just get a busy signal.  If you tried to call the phone number it would just disconnect or tell you there was no active mail box so you knew it didn't connect.  

I took the phone link back to the Verizon Store and showed them what it would do.  He said that's crazy.  He wondered whether I talked to tech support and what they told me.  He go me a new box and swapped them out and tried a phone call or 2.  It worked.  He thinks the box was bad from the start.  I had tried it on numerous phones and always had the same problems so I agreed or else it was somewhere in Verizon's network.  

Brought the new one home and plugged it in and made a call and it worked.  Tried a call in and got my voice mail on the home phone so it was working like it had not before.  

SHOUT OUT FOR THE WOOSTER OH VERIZON STORE.  YOU ROCK

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We truly apologize for the issues experienced with your device, and for the time it took to have this issue resolved, knotdust. We're glad to hear you were able to have the device exchanged at our store. By exchanging the device and testing the service, we are sure that your calls will now funcion properly and you will not have to worry about missing any calls. If there is anything else we may assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
JohnKH

Press the MENU button until the blue light no longer blinks.  

Dial a local phone, like another cell phone you have.

If this does not correct the problem,  Press the POWER OFF button, wait 10 seconds, Power on.

Allow time for the T2000 to re-connect to Version. 

WORKS FOR ME!   My T2000 is in the basement, my phones are upstairs, so I do this EVERY MONDAY.

0 Likes
josey2

two weeks

0 Likes