Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tablet and phone
THOMAS843

Can I use a galaxy tab 4 10.1 as a wireless phone? I am home bound. Thankyou

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tablet and phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
THOMAS843

Staying connected with a wireless phone is always a great option. It would be nice if a tablet can be used as a wireless phone, unfortunately tablets can not be used as a wireless phone. Do you have a cell phone with us? Is something currently wrong with the cell phone if you have one? Please let us know, we can give you options with getting a working wireless phone.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Skype.

Connect it to a mobile hotspot device like a VZW Jetpack and get wireless internet access anywhere you go.  However if you are homebound I assume you are within a normal wireless internet connection and would be fine without an additional cellular connection.

0 Likes
Loquat

I haven't read or heard of anyone being able to use a Tablet as wireless device.  Our tablets are assigned telephone numbers but I think it's just for accounting purposes as I haven't found any other use for it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Google Voice number will work on a tablet using the Hangouts Dialer app.  But, that's another number and issue in itself.

0 Likes