Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The Mifi 6620L causes extreme interference between TV wireless transmitter and receiver - both video and audio. Is there a solution?
MtDoom

As soon as I turn on the Mifi 6620L and it establishes connection the static on all televisions in our home that receive their signal through a wireless transmitter and receiver goes to maximum and they become unusable as long as the mifi is turned on.  There is obviously a serious bandwidth overlap in these devices.  The receiver I'm talking about is Terk Technologies LF-30S 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio/Video Transmitter and Receiver System

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The Mifi 6620L causes extreme interference between TV wireless transmitter and receiver - both video and audio. Is there a solution?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

That's a new one for me.  I wasn't aware there were wireless TV devices that operated on 2.4 GHz.  A quick review of the technology suggests why there may be generic 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi interference problems though.

I would suggest checking what channel your Jetpack is operating on and then migrate it to one of the three non overlapping channels of 1, 6, or 11.  You can use trial and error unless there is a way to determine what channel the TV receivers are operating on.  When troubleshooting 2.4 GHz its important to remain on channels 1,6 or 11 for the best chance of success. 

Otherwise if your Jetpack has the option to broadcast in 5.0 GHz then you might want to try that frequency too.  5.0 GHz should have no impact on the 2.4 GHz band that we use for public WiFi.

0 Likes
Re: The Mifi 6620L causes extreme interference between TV wireless transmitter and receiver - both video and audio. Is there a solution?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Interference is not what we want for your MiFi 6620L, MtDoom. Please check your router and make sure that the MiFi is on a different band than your television. Here is how: http://vz.to/1NsviGl

Does this happen on your television when you are not connected to your Terk Technologies LF-30S 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio/Video Transmitter and Receiver? I believe your best bet is to change the frequency to 5.0. Please keep us posted.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes